Kids & baby clothes
    Baby equipment
    newborn toys
    double bed
    double buggy
    Ladies clothes
    Maternity clothes

recieved
    Brand new Branbantia Washing line!!! (brilliant as ours collapsed the day before!)
    Kids clothes
    double buggy (different one!)
    5in1 babyto toddler rider
    cloth nappies
    plant pots
    toddler toys
    I have a new claim to fame :D I spoke about the Olympics ticket fiasco on Martin's daybreak slot :money:
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Confuzzled wrote: »
    what's the difference between freecycle and freegle? why the name change?

If you do a search there are long threads on the reason UK freecycle has become Freegle in a lot of areas.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • bethesda
    Options
    We've never EVER got anything - never any replies to our wanted posts and I'm never quick enough off the mark to claim anything even though I subscribe to the alerts. Also, no-one ever replies to my requests. :rolleyes2

same as us! we rehomed some curtains but were never successful getting anything we wanted. i dont bother now just sling stuff:o
  • Cinders2001
    Options
    Bethesda - are you set to receive a Digest or Individual emails?
    Digest can come too late sometimes and people miss out.

As a Mod for a branch in Somerset, I can say we have great successes in our Freecycle (and we are still Freecycle here (at the moment anyway)).

Personally I have lost count of the things, I have offered and received.
    I'm currently offering a pram and about to list a sewing machine.
    received some Duplo bricks the other day. Wonderful!

We used to get so many people asking to Borrow things which Freecycle don't allow, so we set up a separate group for Freecyclers to borrow and swap things.
    It works wonderfully too. We are in 5 counties of the South West now!

I'd hate to think how the world would now look without Freecycle!! :T
    Well done everyone who has ever used Freecycle in the Past, Present and in the Future!!
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • tiff
    Options
    Do you have a link for the swapping group Cinders, does it cover Bristol?
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • pipjes
    pipjes Posts: 479 Forumite
    Options
    thank god for freecycle... we have recieved a
    maple & granite kitchen, built in dishwasher
    neff hobb & built in oven
    2 leather sofas,,
    toy box + toys
    small corner loo & sink
    cabin bed
    single mattress
    superking mattress
    girls clothes
    tp climbing frame
    trialer tent cat without tax n mot, really habdy for last winter then it died, but got 6 months use out of it
    chicken coop
    rugs

given away,
    various car parts( hubby mechanic)
    girls & baby clothes
    boys & teenage clothes
    womens jeans
    tools,
    baby bouncer
    magazines & books
    videos
    odds n ends of furniture
    60m fabric
    bedding
    nursery curtians & bblinds
    rugs

and probably alot more i cant remeber, brilliant idea, i hate throwing things out that still have life in them,
    also anything that doesnt get given away on freecycle, i have a lady from the local womens refuge come and collect it, as alot of familys have run from their old places with nothing but what they sre wearing!!
  • pipjes
    pipjes Posts: 479 Forumite
    Options
    bethesda wrote: »
    same as us! we rehomed some curtains but were never successful getting anything we wanted. i dont bother now just sling stuff:o
    why?????????????
    is it because you dont recieve stuff that you feel that you souldnt offer it out,?? the idea is to keep things ot of landfill and not clogg up this planet, please if you dont like freecycle, try your nearest womens refuge, childrens home, hospital etc, im sure they would love anything.
  • jaredava
    Options
    Gven
    Boys clothes
    grls clothes
    fashon mags
    toys
    materal
    computer
    prnter
    baby swng
    rockng horse

receved
    pano
    computer desk
    freezer
    frdge
    42'' tv !!!!!!
    car !!!!!!!!!!!! ( needed work but was way better than what was drvng)

needed
    mssng vowel for keyboard!
  • westywoo
    Options
    I've given away loads of stuff: Double bed, shelves, cupboard, bike rack, electrical stuff, books etc. Never received a thing, not quick enough. I still love Freegle though and use it regularly.
  • tiff
    Options
    I have been more successful in putting wanted posts on from time to time. I asked for a breadmaker and within minutes someone emailed me as she was cleaning out her grandparents house, quite close to me. Another time I asked for excess fruit/veg from peoples allotments/garden that might otherwise be going to waste and someone contacted me to go and pick the plums from her allotment literally 5 mins walk away. In fact thinking about it, nearly all the items I have got from freecycle were from wanted posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure