Lendgo - bad credit mortgages - anyone know about them?

Just a question out of curiosity - I've seen this site advertising on Google... does anyone here know anything about them, as they seem to be claiming to be able to get even folk with poor credit ratings a good mortgage. Ther emuct be a catch somewhere surely if most people are struggling to get a good deal at the moment. Their website shows an example of a £200,000 mortgage "FROM" £789 a month. Now given my current NR deal is £168,000 at 5.49% fixed 5 years ago was costing £1059 a month - how on earth do they get those figures? Is it something llike a 40 or 50 year mortgage? Just doesn't seem possible to me
Debt problems? It's never too late to get help - just ask the friendly folk on this forum! :grouphug:

Comments

• koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    BigC+WeeS wrote: »
    Their website shows an example of a £200,000 mortgage "FROM" £789 a month.

that works out at 4.73%.

If they can do that for people with credit problems, I dread to think what they can offer a squeaky clean client :eek: :rolleyes:
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • SouthCoast
    SouthCoast Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    If it looks too good to be true.............
  • Toughluck
    Toughluck Posts: 317 Forumite
    Its a pile of sh*t. It is a draw onto their enquiry line and you'll end up going to GE "crooks" Money.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Take advice with a pinch of sea salt!
  • I agree, You get 'nowt for nowt' in this world.

There is a catch they will probably ask you to put a fair amount down for your deposit.

I knew of one company who used to take (backhanders) of about 3,000 to get you a mortgage not a legitimate one but a mortgage.

One broker had friends in different companies who would take a (backhander)

And these were people at high st banks etc.

So my answer is be careful, They may get you a mortgage but it would cost you money.

Best Of Luck.
    Thomson 757 Man
  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    I agree, You get 'nowt for nowt' in this world.

There is a catch they will probably ask you to put a fair amount down for your deposit.

I knew of one company who used to take (backhanders) of about 3,000 to get you a mortgage not a legitimate one but a mortgage.

One broker had friends in different companies who would take a (backhander)

And these were people at high st banks etc.

So my answer is be careful, They may get you a mortgage but it would cost you money.

Best Of Luck.

Yes, I know brokers involved in these murky areas too.
    The bit I could never get my head round is why a broker would risk prison for £3000 ?
    Broker I know went to jail for six months for mortgage fraud.
    He's now out again, doing exactly the same thing, but in someone elses' name :eek:
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thanks for all your replies folks, I won't be touching with anyone else's bargepole, never mind my own!
    Debt problems? It's never too late to get help - just ask the friendly folk on this forum! :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure