The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Feb-YOU-ary 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread

Comments

• kittiej wrote: »
    SNH if you could manage that then you really would save a small fortune and it is better for your health. I wish I could get DH to quit but he doesn't have the inclination.

I've tried and failed previously, and the more you fail the harder it is to set yourself up for even more disappointment, add to that that it's not just you you're letting down and it's difficult :(

I defend it as it's my only "pleasure" generally, I don't tend to go out much, I don't have any hobbies, expensive or otherwise really, I don't even go to the cinema as I'm very aware that any "fun" money I have goes up in smoke.

I started doing that when I was in debt, and now, even though I'm not I essentially ban myself from doing stuff because I smoke. Sad eh?
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Aw don't be too hard on yourself SNH, we all have our addictions if you scratch the surface. Mine is tea and cheese ( but not generally together) :)
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Thank you, KittieJ I think it's just been one of those weeks :S
  • kittiej
    Forumite
    Well put your feet up and chillax over the weekend and start a nice new shiny week with your head held high and a bounce in your step!

I have a new motto which I will share with you, anything is possible and everything is negotiable, I plan on using this at every opportunity to see where it takes me cos life is an adventure. Even from the comfort of your lounge you can explore endless possibilities with the power of the internet. You should try it, choose a subject and see where it takes you :D
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi and thanks all for the lunch ideas. Especial thanks to 365 for the cous cous mention (something I like, must drop in on Aldi soon).
    Also haven't been to B and M for ages, will make a trip there this week sometime.
    Hope you all do well this month and to those quitting (or thinking of quitting) smoking, well giving up paid for a new carpet for me. I put the money in a jar to keep me goion track.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • kittiej wrote: »
    I am craving banana sarnies so that's Monday sorted and it does make a nice change from cheese :D

Funny, I just hopped on to announce that lunch for me this week would be banana sandwiches. After over a week of egg mayo fillings I was in need of a change. Also got a loaf of fresh bread from the shop at a reduced price so that will make them extra yummy!
    Now all I need to do is kick the nicotine habit :(

It sounds like maybe you're toying with the idea, and that's half the battle. I'm 36 days into my attempt to quit but it took a few months of thinking about it to actually bite the bullet and have a go. I haven't been perfect and have had the odd ciggie here and there when an opportunity has presented itself (the last 2 times have been as a result of a trip to the pub). But instead of focusing on the one's I shouldn't have had, I'm concentrating on the one's I haven't had. Very easy thanks to the app I have on my phone which tells me I've NOT smoked 340 and saved nearly £30. I bought one of those e-cigs which have helped tremendously to resist the temptation when my dp has rolled himself one to smoke :)
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • kittiej
    Forumite
    Hello darlings :D

tealady - loving the name :D and we're all glad to be of service.

Twiggy - well my best laid plans have gone off somewhat. My DS2 decided he would scoff all the nanas before I got up this morning - that'll teach me for having a lie-in :rotfl:Never mind all is not lost, I will call into ASDA first thing in the morning after dropping the boys off at nursery. I am determined to have banana sarnies tomorrow at least :)

For everyone who is trying or thinking of stopping smoking I wish you every success because it is a really difficult thing to do.

Enjoy your evenings everyone :j
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My boyfriend came over, and decided to eat my lovely (reduced) rosemary and herb foccacia (I can't spell that) that I had intended for sandwiches.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• kittiej
    Forumite
    Oh no juno, naughty bf!

what will you have instead?
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have Freezer Bread, but it won't be as nice :(
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories