Halifax Retail Bank Collections - informationm

Hi,

Today I got a letter from Halifax saying 'Our representative will be calling your home on ..." and gave a phone number.
I called the number and found it was "Retail Bank Collections" (out of hours).

I dont have any dealings with Halfax. Does anyone know what this may be about?

Thanks

Comments

• andy40 wrote: »
    Hi,

Today I got a letter from Halifax saying 'Our representative will be calling your home on ..." and gave a phone number.
    I called the number and found it was "Retail Bank Collections" (out of hours).

I dont have any dealings with Halfax. Does anyone know what this may be about?

Thanks

Hi

Do you have an Aqua Card by any chance or a credit card issued by Halifax.
    They say calling your home as a scare tactic as most people assume they mean calling at your home and then telephone them falling into their trap.
    DMP mutual support thread member:327
  • andy40
    andy40 Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    As far as Im aware I have no dealings with Halifax or HBOS.
    I will call today.
  • helsee
    helsee Posts: 119 Forumite
    ive had numerous letters frm halifax claiming to be sending someone round and they never ever have. If by chance they do these doorstep agents have no mo9re rights than the milkman so tell them to jog on.
  • andy40
    andy40 Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    As it turns out Halfix provide my Sainsburys credit card, although I could not find this information on my Sainsburys statement.
    They wanted to check my addres was correct. Once I had confirmed it they were ok.
  • catmiaow
    catmiaow Posts: 5,954 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Halifax have their hands in different things, I didn't realise they were behind Shields Wheels.
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure