Enter List Ideas (and more) To Exactitude (in shopping) thread

Comments

• Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Feeling a bit squashed this morning, all those hugs. ;)

Thank you everyone, sorry to not personally thank each one of you but it really is lovely having you all here, some of you telling me your stories too. :A:A:A

Logie big hug to you to start the week. :A

And Marbett hope your mum is getting on ok. :A

Will chuck a few virtual hugs around for anyone else who needs one, hope you catch them. :):):)

Tiny words do not seem enough at times like this but just to let you know how much you are in my thoughts more so because I have met you in RL and know what a lovely person you are.Take care of yourself and cherish the time you are spending with your dear Mum xxx
  • Smart1e
    Smart1e Posts: 2,756 Forumite
    Kenco Millicano 75p off coupon has ended - just went through all the faff and it said "sorry this offer has ended"...never mind!

Anyway shopping list for today in A's to compare to T's

1 x 24 Jaffa Cakes
    1 x Kenco Millicano 100g
    2 x Bombay potatoes
    1 x s&g sensitive
    1 x s&g body responsive
    1 x Kingsmill really seeded
    1 x 4 pack cushelle(free)
    1 x 4 pint milk own brand
    1 x flump to be on the safe side

Cost around £11 - cashback £3 (£1 jaffa cakes, £1.50 Kenco and 50p milk) and APG of around £6.40 ish... can anyone see any glaring errors please?
    :) Learn from the past, enjoy and appreciate the present and work to make your future the best it can possibly be :)

And get lots of glitches!
  • Mrs_Jagger wrote: »
    Aw Tinyshoes. There's nothing I can add to what so many have already written so beautifully here. But my thoughts are with you at this difficult and sad time.

Tinyshoes - I will be thinking of you and your mum pet.

Pain free is crucial and she is getting that - wonderful.

Here's a few things that we used to so for my mum - it probably made us feel as if we were doing something rather than nothing iyswim.

We had a little tub of vaseline that we used to rub on her lips to keep them moist when she was unable to drink:(

We put warm fluffy socks on her feet like the 50p M&S ones.

If your mum is able to look at magazines pictures then we had a cookbook stand that we used to put on the overbed table...like this one - she was then able to see photos etc without turning her head

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnE1iIhKarTnregnPmVzkKbt-_MDv7TccFm0-o7TE_KgvkITyN

We also got a little beaker(toddler one nottoo fast flowing) so that she could get sips of fluid.

Apologies if these are over the top suggestions but even if one of them is helpful..........
    never stop doing your best because someone doesn't give you credit
  • Morning all :)
    Hope everyone is well.

Urgh I had to have words with the workmen this morning who are fitting my bathroom and decorating my hallway and landing. We have wonky tiles, cracked tiles, tiles cut too thin. The walls haven't been sanded down properly before they chucked the paint up. Surely it's not my job to tell then how to do theirs. It's proper grief :mad:

Tinyshoes - I really don't know what to add to what has already been written but I am thinking of you and hope your mum remains comfortable x

Right what shall I do today?? I can't sit in the house giving the workmen dirty looks all day :D
    Life is not about learning to avoid the storms - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, kids packed off to school, half term went so quick.

Need to go shopping today, but DS birthday Thursday, and parcels are due for delivery today, one between 10 and 11 and other between 12 and 1, typical, will have to be a early evening shop, may got some wombles in as never anything in a morning oh and I may also manage some whoopsies.

Talking of whoopsies, popped into Telford tosco yesterday and OMG, the people around the whoopsie area, grabbing and pushing, OH was just stood gawping at them, saying to me that they looked like vultures.

That's exactly what my DH calls them, that or scavengers. My local Ts has even had to get security out once or twice as they can get quite heavy handed!
    I don't even attempt to get the later whoopsies anymore as I'd rather keep all my limbs attatched, if I happen to catch them doing them at the wrong time I consider it a bonus.
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • FloFlo wrote: »
    Mine has been dispatched 6 serums on their way to me :eek::T:T:T

Your ordered items
    Item NameItem CodeQuantityPrice[URL="http:///webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=1259467&storeId=10052"] No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Body Serum [/URL] Save £14.50 on No7 Protect and Perfect Intense body serum

3 for 2 mix & match across selected skincare, bodycare, No7, indulgent bathing, self tan & vitamins - cheapest free

10138989 30 Free Gift [URL="http:///webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=850303&storeId=10052"] Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme [/URL]
    10078981 2 £ 19.98

Subtotal
    £19.98 Delivery
    £ 4.75 Original
    Order Total £24.73
    Order Total Charged £24.73

Managed to order 30 of them, I didn't expect for them to send them to me. thanks to the op that posted it on Friday night!
  • Catching up from the weekend, loving the Rugby trash talk

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    NO MORE HANDWASH GLITCHES PLEASE :D:D
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Morning all :)
    Hope everyone is well.

Urgh I had to have words with the workmen this morning who are fitting my bathroom and decorating my hallway and landing. We have wonky tiles, cracked tiles, tiles cut too thin. The walls haven't been sanded down properly before they chucked the paint up. Surely it's not my job to tell then how to do theirs. It's proper grief :mad:

Tinyshoes - I really don't know what to add to what has already been written but I am thinking of you and hope your mum remains comfortable x

Right what shall I do today?? I can't sit in the house giving the workmen dirty looks all day :D

my plumbers have arrived. Luckily they have been here before and they did a sterling job, so Im expecting the same again. Electricians this afternoon.....so I expect I'll be getting switched off at some point:eek:

keep an on your workmen stinky and don't accept anything less than a perfect job that your satisfied with!.....don't want to be seeing you on DIY SOS:eek:
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2013 at 10:14AM
    Skipity skip skip......hope I haven't missed much

Morning everyone :)

Lovely day here, loads of blue sky :)
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Smart1e wrote: »
    Kenco Millicano 75p off coupon has ended - just went through all the faff and it said "sorry this offer has ended"...never mind!

Anyway shopping list for today in A's to compare to T's

1 x 24 Jaffa Cakes
    1 x Kenco Millicano 100g
    2 x Bombay potatoes
    1 x s&g sensitive
    1 x s&g body responsive
    1 x Kingsmill really seeded
    1 x 4 pack cushelle(free)
    1 x 4 pint milk own brand
    1 x flump to be on the safe side

Cost around £11 - cashback £3 (£1 jaffa cakes, £1.50 Kenco and 50p milk) and APG of around £6.40 ish... can anyone see any glaring errors please?

I would do a locarr and make it 10 items with a freddo:D
    never stop doing your best because someone doesn't give you credit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family