Bankrupt On Friday 10/08/2012

forms all done and completed now just waiting to get Friday out of the way dont time drag when you want something to come around quick, go on holiday for 2 weeks and before you know it its time to come home.
Just a question for those of you that has gone bankrupt.
How long are you in county court for are you in and out as soon as you have seen the judge or do you have to wait for anything to be signed at all ?
this has probably been asked before
many thnaks

Comments

• truegemini,

I went in waited at the counter for 2 mins, paid my money and signed a form.

I then went into the waiting room, I was called in 5 minutes later (10 mins early) to a room with the judge in a room with a clerk who briefly explained the reason we were all there.

The judge then asked if I understood, I told him I did, and he signed the forms to make me bankrupt.

All very polite and stress free (the worst bit of the whole process is the waiting for your date)

I then left the room and went to work.

All the paperwork was posted to me.

Hope this helps.

Good luck on Friday.

Paul
  • Hi Truegemini,

Different courts have different procedures, but I only saw the clerk who made sure the paperwork was in order and paid the money over - so in and out very quickly.

Received a call later that day congratulating me on my bankruptcy! and all paperwork posted to me.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't -- you're right" - Henry Ford
  • mynumber
    mynumber Posts: 159 Forumite
    forms all done and completed now just waiting to get Friday out of the way dont time drag when you want something to come around quick, go on holiday for 2 weeks and before you know it its time to come home.
    Just a question for those of you that has gone bankrupt.
    How long are you in county court for are you in and out as soon as you have seen the judge or do you have to wait for anything to be signed at all ?
    this has probably been asked before
    many thnaks
    good luck for friday
  • PippaGirl_2
    PippaGirl_2 Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    I did the paperwork with the clerk which took about 30 minutes, then waited 20 minutes to see the Judge, in with Judge for 5 minutes (nicest part of the whole procedure) then another 30 minutes while clerk sorted certificate etc. and then home. Actually must have been longer I was there well over 2 hours.
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Truegemini, as you can tell we all have differing times tbh.

My tongue in cheek checklist, what to take to court :-

- Your two copies of 6.27 and 6.28 and the Originals, do not sign them, you do this in front of the clerk. Your completed EX160 if applicable and any benefit letters as proof (dated within a month)

- Money for bankruptcy fees.

- Spare change for coffee machine.

- Paper or magazine to read while waiting.

- Change for car park.

- Optional a friend to chat to/hold hand.

And do let us know how you got on.

Best wishes
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • thank you ever so much for your replys will let you know how i get on
  • shedhead55
    shedhead55 Posts: 246 Forumite
    As it has been said, different courts seem to work in different ways. When my partner went BR last year the petition had to presented with the fees to the BR clerk between 12:00 and 13:00 Mon-Thur, to be dealt with by a judge in chambers at 8:30 the next morning. Each visit took less than 30 mins with no queues, we were out before 9:00 on the day of BR without having been seen by the judge, the paperwork being handed over by the clerk. We got a call from the OR later in the day and the phone interview followed about a week later.
  • oddydog
    oddydog Posts: 23 Forumite
    Good luck for tomorrow - PLEASE post how you get on _ I will take my inspiration from you!
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    hi was wondering how it went today??
  • hi all went very well today, got to the court 9.15 for appointment at 9.30 waited till 10am and someone said i wont be long, was then called into a room with the clerk who checked all paperwork was in order which it was i then paid the money (i did say goodbye to it all £700 of it) was then told that i needed to see district judge so waited until called upstairs to the court rooms then waited some more until judge could see me waited about 20 mins and then was called through (my somach was all over the place as i was a bit nervous) he was really nice he asked me if i had seeked advice which i had and he then explained everthing that would happen during my bankruptcy he then stamped the order shook my hand and that was that, went back downstairs as had to wait for my bankruptcy order to be drawn up was called over and was hander my order to say i was bankrupt all done took about 2 hours and 45 mins in total, so now what a relief that its all done :) just got to wait for or to contact me now i just hope it dont take to long
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure