Delivery rights: Argos

articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, this discussion thread's part of the Delivery Rights guide, specifically for if you've complained to Argos about delivery problems using the techniques in the guide.

Please tell us how you got on - we want to know if you were awarded any compensation from Argos, and if so, how much? Just let us know the amount and reason below; to add more general feedback on the guide, pop over to the main Delivery Rights discussion thread.

Thanks
for your help,

MSE Rose

Comments

• A.Jones
    A.Jones Posts: 508 Forumite
    I bought a Christmas tree from Argos's ebay store, mid November. It has still not been delivered since Argos use Yodel, the worst delivery company in the UK. They attempted delivery without telling me, when no-one was in. I tried to re-arrange delivery online and they told me I could not, because it was already out for delivery again. They left a card again, since I was at work. The next day was my day off, but they couldn't deliver then, since I couldn't rearrange the redelivery until it was back at their depot. So I rearranged for the next week's day off, and they tried to deliver the day before, and again carded me. I phoned them up to say I wanted it the next day, and they said they couldn't rearrange since it was not at their depot and that they had been doing me a favour by trying to deliver it early(!). So I rearranged again for the week after, on my day off, and they again carded me the next day completely ignoring my request. I have also asked them to leave the Christmas tree in the porch, but they refuse to do this.

The bizarre thing is, that I also ordered something from Tesco direct, which was send via Yodel and they delivered this by leaving it in the porch on the first delivery attempt on one of the days they carded me for tree. The tree is worth £15 or so, the tesco direct items £90.

I have contacted Argos three times, twice asking them to refund. They have just said contact Yodel, since they are responsible for delivering the item, not Argos.

I won't use Argos, either through eBay or direct, again because of this. I also believe that all companies should state which courier they use as part of the contract with the buyer, before the buyer pays.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Argos lied. THEY are responsible for the delivery, as Yodel were contracted by Argos, not you. Contact Argos again to cancel the order and demand a refund under DSR. (You're entitled to a full refund, including delivery charges. You won't have any returns costs to pay as you haven't received anything. And they can't charge a restocking fee. If the goods do happen to get delivered then simply refuse the delivery).
  • Yes that is correct the responsibility does lay with Argos. To be honest I have found phoning their Customer Services a waste of time if you still don't have any joy getting a refund I can recommend the following (up-to-date) email address to use - my email was responded to the next day and a resolution has now been put in place: Order.Enquiries@argos.co.uk - make sure you include your order number.
  • Ohh, dear don`t tell me about Argos!!:mad:
    I have oredered twice within one month and neither time they turned up!!

Soo soo enoying! Yes ringing them up is total waist of time.
    You take a day off and waiste your time and they don`t show up. This is not on.
    I will never ever uses Argos again. What a rubbish company, they certaingly do not care about their customers. It is too much stress.
    I regularly use online shopping and have goods delivered, but this is the only company that let down soo much, needless to say my custom is going elsewere and I do spend a lot of money. Hey who is loosing out here then.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MSE_Rose wrote: »
    Hi all, this discussion thread's part of the Delivery Rights guide, specifically for if you've complained to Argos about delivery problems using the techniques in the guide.

Please tell us how you got on - we want to know if you were awarded any compensation from Argos, and if so, how much? Just let us know the amount and reason below; to add more general feedback on the guid

MSE Rose

Why specifically Argos?

Where I live there's a small paint shop called 'Russell Supplies', he promotes his site alot and sends alot out -- I know he's having problems with his parcels being a day late in transit
    maybe if people have been affect by delays and managed to get compensation from small business owner Russell please share your experiences?
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ohh, dear don`t tell me about Argos!!:mad:
    I have oredered twice within one month and neither time they turned up!!

Soo soo enoying! Yes ringing them up is total waist of time.
    You take a day off and waiste your time and they don`t show up. This is not on.
    I will never ever uses Argos again. What a rubbish company, they certaingly do not care about their customers. It is too much stress.
    I regularly use online shopping and have goods delivered, but this is the only company that let down soo much, needless to say my custom is going elsewere and I do spend a lot of money. Hey who is loosing out here then.

you need to not avoid Argos, but find out what courier they use then boycott EVERY business also using them.
  • My husband and I have just bought a new house so ordered some items to be delivered from argos. The confirmation email said it would be delivered on Thursday 8th December between 7am-6pm. It's now Monday 12th December and we are still waiting!! Argos blame yodel their courier company saying they have a high number of parcels to be delivered. Yodal told us this morning it was on the van to be delivered we were lied to!! After chasing them up again they said it was never on a van to be delivered. It has been left that they will sort out our items so we can collect them tomorrow, though I don't believe them!! Argos will get a formal complaint, yodel will get a formal complaint and BBC watchdog will be emailed. Never using Argos home delivery
    Again!'
  • Hi,

It's a few days before Christmas and I was expecting the delivery of a mattress this morning from Argos.
    The delivery time is printed on my receipt as 7am-12pm 22/12/2011 and I had to leave a mobile phone number when I made the purchase.

It has gone 12pm with no delivery. I have taken the morning off work and do not have anything to sleep on.

I rang the customer services helpline and they said they will now deliver it on the 10th of January (around 19 days later than arranged date and includes Christmas Day).

They're offer for their mistake was to refund delivery charge (£9) and that I can borrow an airbed until january if I go into an Argos branch. I am not happy with this offer.

I do not have a car and I cannot easily get to an Argos (hence why I needed it delivered originally).

What can I do?

Any help would be appreciated!
  • I placed an order with argos on the 26th Jan 2012 and all through they claimed that can deliver within three days then after payment the confirmation stated that will contact by 21 Jan 2012. I have now called, since no call and no delivery and they have had my money for almost a month and in a cavalier fashion was told its now to be delivered towards the end of February. They are a total waste of space when it comes to home delivery as they just hold on to your money and think its okay to deliver whenever. The part of the delivery that was available they cant deliver on a saturday. No flexibility and totally uncustomer friendly. I cancelled the order.
  • organic_choc
    organic_choc Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 May 2012 at 4:44PM
    I booked a redelivery for today using the redelivery booking facility on their website.

I waited for ages and when I finally called Yodel in the late afternoon the person I spoke to told me that my parcel is still sitting in the depot. That they can't ship the parcel out to me today. And that they don't keep records of redeliveries booked online. Is it any wonder that nothing works if they don't keep records of requests made by customers? Meanwhile I'd probably spent like £3 on calling these misfits.

So you have been warned. Don't use the online redelivery booking facility. Don't order from Argos full stop. I have now made a request to have the order cancelled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure