iDebtPlan

Hi

Does anyone have any information on this company? I have googled and cannot find any information on the web apart from the usual co house details and that they are a firm of accountants? I have my suspicions as to the legitimacy of the company and would appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Angry_Bear
    Angry_Bear Posts: 2,021
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I don't know of this company but if you are looking for debt help or debt management please use one of the free providers NOT one who take a cut of your payments. StepChange, Payplan and CAP tend to be advised around here.
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
  • moohound
    moohound Posts: 1,209
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    johndoe22 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone have any information on this company? I have googled and cannot find any information on the web apart from the usual co house details and that they are a firm of accountants? I have my suspicions as to the legitimacy of the company and would appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Many thanks.
    Have you signed up with them or given them money?

Howdid you hear about them were you cold called?
    ISA £1675 :DMiniMoohound savings £3685.86 :T Plus £3800 CTF :)
    'MrMoneyMuststache' my new hero, Martin Lewis my long time hero
    Poacher turned Gamekeeper
    Roadkill rebel No 52 Aug £1.34p Sept 24p Oct 5p Nov 5p Sealed pot Challenge No 403 £176.66(2014) :staradmin NOV NST No 20
  • nicp60
    nicp60 Posts: 457
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi there,
    Steer clear of them; they charge a monthly fee for their services! As a Angry Bear said, use stepchange or payplan.

From iDebtplans' FAQ:
    Incredibly, we only charge a standard management fee of £35 or 17.625% of your monthly payment (whichever is higher). For this, we will set up your plan, contact all of your creditors to inform them that we are now acting on your behalf, deal with all correspondence and phone calls, but perhaps most importantly, give you total peace of mind that your debts are now being dealt with efficiently, effectively and all under one roof.

This 'incredible' fee of on £35 a month is £35 a month that could go towards your debt payments. Not a greedy firm.
    Fritterati Challenge for 2013:
    £2202/£3000 saved (73%) :j
    Take lunch to work and stop frittering!

• UsetheFORCE
    UsetheFORCE Posts: 688
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ...and if your monthly payment is over £200 then the fee is even higher! What a ripoff!!!
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
  • I have just signed up to this company,I am 3 grand in debt,I told them I wish to pay £120 per month,I don't really mind them taking a fee out of this as it eases the pressure.
    All I wanted to know is this company genuine
  • Sedge123
    Sedge123 Posts: 597 Forumite
    Yes but that £35 could go towards your debt! You are effectively "wasting" 25% of your payment.
    Determined to save and not squander!
    On a mission to save money whilst renovating our new forever home
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Use one of the companies in Martin's list

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/debt-help-plan#help
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Doesnt ease the pressure. The fee just keeps you in debt longer and prolongs it. A lot of these companies seem to be going bust lately, leaving taking everything people have paid with them as they've not passed the money on. Go with stepchang, CAP or similar who you can guarantee wont screw you over.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Forumite
    I have just signed up to this company,I am 3 grand in debt,I told them I wish to pay £120 per month,I don't really mind them taking a fee out of this as it eases the pressure.
    All I wanted to know is this company genuine

Hi Biscuit, Fantastic, you are facing your problems and taking action:beer:

Please consider a fee-free service, you should get better advice and hopefully clear your debt faster. You can check the budget using the Stepchange free anonymous debt remedy. No point wasting money that could pay the debt.

Good luck whatever you decide
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Thank you all for your replies,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business