anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• I've just signed that petition WAEareRUBBISH but once posted my details did not come up? I'm guessing someone vets thems before they go live?
  • I think it might take time for your name to show on the petition. There are not many names there yet, I think it might have been put on Facebook, but I don't use that site so I'm not sure. The message really does need to be spread about how bad WAE+ is, and how badly they treat their customers.

I'm guessing they have hundreds of thousands of pounds in their bank account at any given time, money which has been taken where goods have not been received. They have got themselves a good thing going, illegal, but I would imagine they will have some awful tw*t explain in such a way it looks like some small error.

Will people believe their lies? I doubt it! Can't wait for the chief thief to be on Watchdog.
  • The people who put together this petition will be very grateful for all signatures. I don't know them personally, but they have been ripped off like many of us have been by WAE+ what they are doing is a good thing, anything which puts this corrupt comapny in the spot light will help people get their money back.
  • For all the negative reviews about people not getting refunds I've never read anyone confirming they actually got their money back.

I can confirm that today I received all my money back, 8 days after I canceled my order and a total of 15 days since placing the order.
  • ph4824 wrote: »
    I can confirm that today I received all my money back, 8 days after I canceled my order and a total of 15 days since placing the order.

That is great to hear, sounds like they are refunding to some people at least. We are almost 2 months past ordering our 'out of stock items' and still no refund.

All WAE+ have done to us is make us wait 45 days after the credit card comapany stepped in, because they can! Hohum.

:T Still, it is good to know people are getting thier money back.
  • All WAE+ have done to us is make us wait 45 days after the credit card comapany stepped in, because they can! Hohum.

That is infuriating! Crazy!!

Well I'm not sure I have any secret to advise but what I did was to email every day (excluding weekends) letting them know I'm not going away. I also called them a bunch of times!
  • We got an email yesterday to say our money had been refunded on 14th Feb, although this was over two weeks ago. There was an apology:-

Dear *****,

Please accept our deepest and sincere apologies with regards to your refund as you were not happy with the service we provided.

I can now confirm you have been refunded in full and we can now close your investigation.

Your refund has been processed today and will be credited back to the debit card originally used. This will show in your account within the next 3-5 working days depending on who you bank with.

We would also like to take this opportunity to express our regrets and to assure you that we will do our best to avoid a repeat of what happened.

We really do value our customers and your custom and look forward to continuing our relationship in the near future.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Prestell
    Complaints Controller
  • I would like to know if others are getting this standard apology? What they don't do is give you anything for the time and stress of going through all of this.

They say they will do their best to avoid this happening again, but it has been happening, as far as you can look back on review sites, for over a year! It might be much longer, so they haven't taken steps so far to stop selling out of stock goods, or give timely refunds.

We had to fork out the same amount of money spent with WAE+ to buy from another company, and wait for refund which took two and a half months. This left us out of pocket for a considerable time. We had to send emails, make phone calls and send a letter via recorded delivery to get this refund.

So WAE+ are bad for your health, bad for your bank account, leave you out of pocket (even after refund), apologise but don't change, don't offer anything in the way of compensation to all of their ripped off customers, what you are left with is a company you will avoid like the plague and tell every single person you know to also avoid.

Great business sense they have isn't it! Greedy ungrateful nasty little b*stards who deserve to be the victims of their own undoing.
  • Claire71uk
    Claire71uk Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 20 June 2013 at 11:03AM
    I have never had an apology.... The one received by WAEareRubbish is pro forma that seems to be sent to all.

They even declined CashBack claim worth £50 plus....they said my complete order never happened...I have resubmitted claim along with email order confirmation, proof of delivery, Internet history, credit card statements.

They lied to those who sent them customers using specific CashBack links. I would have purchased elsewhere if I understood they would deny CashBack, on top of the hassle and abusive treatment I received.

Update... My Cashback was eventually paid £50.72 and WAE + were removed as poor performers. My evidence, included web news stories which quoted them offering 8% cashback.
  • Protopia
    Protopia Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I did eventually get a refund but only after submitting a claim for a chargeback to my credit card co.

And I got the same proforma email "apology".

Frankly I cannot decide whether:

1. They are simply a victim of their own success - the volume of business they are getting is simply overwhelming them and they cannot cope. In this case I would expect them to be more open about their difficulties and to ask customers to bear with them - but they don't so this does not seem like the reason.

2. They are incompetent - they are unable to keep their web site up to date with stock availability. However the overheads of processing all the refunds must be huge - so tey should have every incentive to fix this, but don't. Again this does not seem like the reason.

3. They are deliberately taking orders for products they don;t have in stock and holding back refunds to boost their cash flow.

I have no idea whether any of the above are correct. I just feel sorry for their Customer Services call centre staff who must have to deal with a lot of irate customers.

P
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport