Handmade Christmas decorations

Comments

• mi55pink
    mi55pink Posts: 59
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This decoration using Cinnamon Sticks looks lovely

http://annettesallsorts.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-news.html

These are a couple of decorations I made last year. I'm looking forward to making some for this year! :j

[IMG][/img]P1040229-1.jpg

[IMG][/img]P1040194.jpg

[IMG][/img]P1040211.jpg
  • Excellent thread! :j

Can't wait to try some of the great ideas!!

ppincher - loving the xmas bobble idea out of cards thanks for link!!
  • LOVE the little stockings!
    i have a couple of bags of tiny silver clothes pegs
    now i know what i shall be doing with them!

i made a felt robin last year too, but i made it completely round (like my christmas pudding) son laughed at it so i didnt use it:o:rotfl:
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    mi55pink, i love your garland. so inspiring.

this yr i am proberly only going to make a few felt dec's and a garland. my dd wants to decorate the polystrenice balls and eggs shapes with sequins. i did a few about 10 yrs ago and they were relly easy and effective.

i want to try and make a keepsake dec as it our babies 1st xmas. but i'm not sure what to make. all our others we purchased fab little teddy decs from woolies . but thats not a option this time. so i thought about trying to make something.

the cinnamon(sp?) sticks sounds fantastic.

never too early in my mind for xmas thinking.
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    i managed to get a few bits made last week some gifts and some for my home i love christmas
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • amy_lou_4
    amy_lou_4 Posts: 145 Forumite
    It's never too early! (Especially when you work in a card shop, and are getting deliveries of CALENDARS already) I have started making stuffed hearts in folksy fabrics, will move onto stars and Christmas trees afterwards, also got a lot of felt in a pack off Baker Ross so will be doing gingerbread men and trees with that. My blanket stitch is coming on a treat and I am no longer bored in the evenings! I would like to make some things into garlands on kind of jute twine, but it is all a bit trial and error at the minute. Ideally I would like to sell some (when I get better and neater), where is the best place to do it online/are there any threads about this already?
  • soba
    soba Posts: 2,166
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 9 September 2011 at 9:13PM
    p-pincher wrote: »
    i'm going attempt to make these soon http://www.scoutiegirl.com/2009/12/tutorial-crafting-a-holiday-card-keepsake-ornament-by-nicole-of-lillyella.html

They look like they might be a bit fiddly but should have a bit of fun with the kids making them x

I made some of these last year and posted photos at the time but can't remember on which thread.

They are a bit fiddly to make, especially if you haven't got a punch for the circle shapes. I bought a couple of Fiskars puches off ebay in different sizes so that made things alot easier.

Also made elf shoes like these http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2007/11/ears-to-your-el.html
  • I have started my Christmas preparations today by making beaded snowflakes.
    dscf0093nz.jpg
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • These are fab!!! Is there a tutorial for the gingerbread men etc?
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2011 at 8:30AM
    shipr!!!95 wrote: »
    I have started my Christmas preparations today by making beaded snowflakes.
    dscf0093nz.jpg

Wow that is stunning do you how do you make them ( where can I buy the bits to make them) tia
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure