Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,639
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Good luck on your exam lister! Remember, 1sb is only about 0.5p so don't stress out about them tooooooooo much. I see you're doing really well! Would you mind PMing me a list of your survey sites with your favourites highlighted? I want to check out any sites I haven't met yet.

Oh Kat, you wally. ha ha <3

Just got to payout on myview, any opinions on what reward I should claim? (I can copy paste the rewards- a list of 40 different vouchers!- if anyone can't see them).

5.25/3.50
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    oooh what are the voucher choices Killer? I would always choose boots/supermarket/amazon vouchers where possible because I think they are easiest to spend on normal things if you know what I mean..?
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,639
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Amazon £20 worth

Arcadia £20 worth

Argos £20 worth

Asda £20 worth

Bhs £20 worth

Boots £20 worth

B&Q £20 worth

Debenhams £20 worth

PC World, Currys £20 worth

Gap £20 worth

Halfords £20 worth

Harrods £20 worth

Homebase £20 worth

House of Fraser £20 worth

IKEA £20 worth

John Lewis £20 worth

Kadeos European Voucher £20 worth

Laithwaites Wine £20 worth

Love to Shop High Street £20 worth

M & S £20 worth

Morrisons £20 worth

Marriott Dinner for two Worldwide Voucher £20 worth

Marriott US Premier Platinum Voucher £20 worth

Marriott Vouchers £20 worth

Marriott Worldwide Voucher £20 worth

Next £20 worth

New Look £20 worth

Ocado £20 worth

River Island Voucher £20 worth

Sainsbury £20 worth

Selfridges £20 worth

See Tickets £20 worth

Signet £20 worth

Thomas Cook £20 worth

Thresher Voucher £20 worth

Toni & Guy £20 worth

Virgin £20 worth

Waitrose £20 worth

Waterstones £20 worth

WH Smith £20 worth

I find I always could use a voucher after I've chosen a different one... ha ha.
  • Haha awesome Killer. I'm with Tink on this one - get a voucher that will stop you paying the same amount for something you're already going to buy. I'm maximiling my way towards a £10 asda voucher don'tcha know :D:D

Lister, good luck on the exam. Is it going to earn you more money if you pass?! ;) If so, get your butt off swagbucks, which will definitely NOT make you rich!!!

Kat, you plank! Hope it didn't cost you more for your missed stop :eek: concentrate!!!!

HM/Siouxsie, I only just joined bzzagent a couple of weeks ago. I'm just chuffed they want to send me anything at all free to be honest. I'm happy to give my address to anyone who will send me things. **freebie hohoho!!!**

My parents come to see us every 6 weeks or so. I go out shopping, and come back to show my dad my wares. 'Here dad, I got 25% off these bibs on 3 for 2, and this free baby starter weaning pack with the baby rice I needed to buy anyway but had a 50p off voucher for too. AND I got 200 extra points here, and free baby wipes there... etc' His reply is always something along the lines of 'do you ever pay for anything love?!'

Kat, in all honestly I didn't have many vices. Probably the thing I have 'given up' that has made the most difference is my chocolate/cake obsession. I would pick up on average 3 different cake type things, plus a few packets/large bars of chocolate per shop. Was incapable of buying milk without a side order of yorkie... and pals munchies, twirl and aero. I've saved a fortune just by doing my shopping online!!! My new vice is vouchers hahahaha!! Although I have learnt the lesson that my friend hasn't; 'it's not a bargain if you weren't going to buy it anyway!'
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I would say transport was/is my vice I had to stop driving unnecessary journeys in the car and really thinking about my mileage as fuel was costing so much! I no longer have a car as i moved but I now try to walk and get all my other travel as cheap as I can on trains etc with advance super off peak tickets, rail cards and the like.
  • Lilt with her cakes..:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:..Tink did you find it hard giving up your car?

Okay I got home safe, didn't have to wait to long however did the same thing on the bike the other night and went straight passed the turning for the M25.. took me 4 miles to find somewhere to turn..ended up 30 minutes late to my friends house...I think to much. On the bike its not good at all but this is when I have my best ideas... although quite time seems few and far between at the moment.

Lilt I know what you mean about not having any vices, its hard to get even stricter when you technically have nothing to give up HOWEVER I love tea.. the only thing that could replace it for me is dandelion coffee. Not actual coffee it just looks like it. I like it black saving on milk and its sweet enough to not need sugar.. might purchase some after Christmas. I have been know to drink 20 cups of tea in one day...ADDICTION!

Grubby smelly stinking money-grabbing conglomerate Mr T is putting his prices up. I am not a happy NSK and am wondering how much hassle and how difficult it might be to boycott large SM's for a year? I would need to stock pile / bulk buy every two months - bog roll, eggs, rice etc.. the stuff I'd have to travel all around to pick up. An AP order perhaps....I am going to look into this.

As I am becoming less and less dependant on brands of any kind I think I could quite happily live with out Mr T... Hmmm Januaries challenge perhaps... just 1 rule, no supermarkets...will think on this one...Mwah ha ha ha ha!

Okay..I am needing sleep....

I will write more tomorrow so right now just keep heading Onwards and Upwards!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 11:34AM
    Morning all!

Kat - I've stopped buying magazines too. I had a phase of buying crafty mags then a phase of cookery mags - despite having a shelf full of cookery books I barely refer to and plenty of crafty bits I've never yet used. Stopped buying crafty bits too unless I NEED (and will use imminently) instead of buying because I wanted (and might use sometime for something, maybe)

Now if I want inspiration I search online for a craft/recipe idea.

Killer, I'd go for a voucher that will save you money too (Asda, Love2shop) somewhere you shop often. Unless you want to treat yourself to something special. I cashed in some points for Next vouchers to treat myself to a new top for the festive season as I've no intention of spending any cash on clothes for the foreseeable future :)

ETA: just read BBC article, I intend to save £50 a month next year by cutting down my grocery spends. Probably won't really notice it missing and come next December we'll have enough for a London break and to pay for Christmas 2013
  • Well chickadees the day has started well, I have had numerous cups of tea and had some compliments on my dress from the boys at work - I have worn it so many times but always with a long scarf and cardy cause its SO cold in my office.. hey presto take the top two layers off and the magic just works itself.....kidding... I am not that vain, its just nice to hear it now and then..

So count down to Moreton-On-Marsh expedition is now underway. I finish work in precisely 90 minutes and have my boots, coat and bits to change into before I go... I have been super duper good and not eaten any of my sweeties or chocolate for the weekend.. albeit I did forget my flask that someone kindly donates months ago for a camping trip..so NO tea half way up a mountain. HOw am I supposed to survive that eh?

Downloaded 9-10 free Amazon books today - makes me think I am getting something new without spending the money - I know I have a LOT of books on my shelf at the moment but its worth getting the free ones whilst they are free - makes sense yes?

Killer - this is hard. If I had spend an amount of time on surveys and wanted something it would have to be something I kinda want but ordinarily would never spend hard cash on...Amazon though is a good all rounder...

So ladies and gents I shan't be able up update for a few days.. You need to be good and have a lovely, warm, sunny weekend. Get outside though and have a walk about - will do you good...:rotfl:

Onwards and Upwards..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    While the kat's away......:rotfl:

Who's coming out to play???
  • I'm still watching you...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure