Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,639
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Yay Lilt.
    Boo Kat.
    Hi everyone.

Me today ~>:mad::eek::o
  • Hugs killer!!! I hope you are now :D:D:D tucked up safe in warm socks with a mug of something warm.

Work alright chuck?
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • killerpeaty
    Forumite
    No.
    Grumpy.
    Pouty face.
    Might be due to being kicked out of a £20, 1 hour survey.
    Gutted.

Work is alright, I don't like answering the phone, the people are nice, the work is easy and there is lots of tea : )

How's you? : )
  • ^ You're cute when you pout ;) lol

Work - answering the phone is terrifying at first. I was frightened to death, but think of it like this... people are ringing you, for something, for a service. How much easier is it to pick up the phone to someone who wants something you can hopefully help them with. Way better that that calling people up at home in the middle of their dinner, asking them if they have claimed for PPI or want to change their car insurance... :eek: Personally I eat those people for lunch... ;)

Gutted about the survey :( have you guys joined bzzagent.co.uk? I signed up, did a massive bunch of surveys in about 45 mins to get them out of the way and just got signed for my first 'campaign' for some 'a2 milk' which apparently is much better for people with a milk protein intolerance (yours truly.) Pretty awesome timing really, as DDD means I will be trying to not go to the shop for milk ;)

Doesn't sound like the most amazing thing in the world but my sis has been doing it for a while now and she just got a free £189.99 toothbrush to 'test'... which she gets to keep!

Moi, I am spandankling today. Thanks for asking. We had snow this morning, everything was cancelled and I spent the whole day in my pyjamas.

Tomorrow however, I have overtime at work starting at 8:30 with the promise of snow overnight... will be super fun times walking 2 miles to work in that in the dark...
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Evening everyone :wave: how are you all? I've been so busy (all good, working hard, earning money, no time for spends :A ) so nothing interesting to report.

Gosh kat, I was thinking of you this morning when I saw the news. I'm in West London and there was no snow here but I saw the pictures at Stanstead and other parts north of the city centre and pictured you all warm and snug on the train! Hmm, glad not much damage was done to the bike though (and glad you're alright too, obviously!).

Thanks for the bzzagent reminder lilt. One day I'll find time to look into it - that and swagbucks...not enough hours in the day.
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Morning all!

HappyTGDF, we went to see Nativity 2. £7.85 a ticket though :eek: Glad we went on the Orange 241 Wed deal. I don't understand why anyone would go any other day with prices like that. Glad we had the £10 giftcard but there wasn't even enough left over to buy a bag of crisps or bag of chocs (£2.70 each!:eek:) Luckily we didn't want any nibbles :D

Lilt, I'm a bzzagent too. DOn't get chosen for too many campaigns (maybe because I don't have kids) but signed up for the gravy pots trial, free gravy is free gravy :rotfl: Once did a toothpaste one a few years ago and had enough samples left over to last us a year.

Hope you're all taking care in the snow, if you have any. Nothing here but a light frost this morning.
  • Evening Kittens..

My my my nearly home time thank goodness. I am in a superbly happy mood today and have been looking through some other blogs, websites and information "portals"... I came across this wondrous article... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20004611 and think this wee man is just superb. There are many ways to throw some money at debts.. we that are in this long term though need to sometimes take a step back and take a breather.. it can be hard, draining, depressing and just really hard..

But I believe in re-training ourselves. Trust me when I say your OH will see the benefits as so many of them already have and they might want to join in... but pleasure can be gained in the simplest of things... like this article says - just not buying the one coffee / tea each day and hey presto you have £50...

Okay easier said than done.... tell me what you have given up?? I was an awful one for magazines. There weren't just the normal magazines although I got them too - I used to love the specialty ones for £7.99 as "something special" to read and cause I am a girl and I like stationary.. this has been curbed..( bar that one Burlesque one I bought last month )...

I am interested to see though what crazy things people have stopped buying for the purposes of clearing their debt....

Go on - share..?

Onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • killerpeaty
    Forumite
    Hi Missus I love going to the cinema. :o a friend gets on free so that's awesome. :D

Lillt, you have my full sympathy, I have a lot of night walkibg to do at the moment. :( yay for over time though!

Kat, I plan to save everythingover 1k i make each months. If i manage it will be an entirely different matter. But try bot to be too hard on yourself if you get a magazine.

Train is stopping, gotta go!
  • Killer just missed my train stop.. Ha ha haaa! To busy tap tap tapping! I don't know any other words than 'hitting it hard'.. It's all or nothing for me so easier to completly abstain from everything! Glad your enjoying work though.. Even better that's it's super duper easy!!

His_Missur I haven't been chosen for anything either but am going to do these site more at home in Irelabd.. Seems I'm just to busy to sit still for too long... Or do I mean so tired I'd fall asleep..:-))..

Okay back on train and need to concentrate.. Laters..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Safe train journey home NSK!!

Yesterday and today are NSDs for me - I'm working nights this week, and simply can't be bothered leaving my hospital accommodation...I've been hitting swagbucks hard instead of preparing for my exam - oops!
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure