Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• Ladies I have to hit the hay - but I just deleted the ex-boyfriend off my facebook. He has his money, a new girlfriend and an epic holiday that he and I never managed to have - weird huh! I feel I didn't get the real, full individual when we were together.. so I don't need to be looking into his life now considering I only got half of it when we were actually together...I wish him well though.. a genuinely nice albeit boring boy...

Christmas music in my ears... 2013 is going to be AMAZING!!!

Onwards and Upwards..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Yay!!! Good for you Kat. Sad and final as it may be, you are moving on to far better things now. Well done for having the cojones to delete him. Took me 3.5 years of trying to be nice to my ex for the sake of getting my money back, to finally delete the good for nothing also boring loser when it became clear my money is never coming. And oh boy does it feel good!

Sleep tight mumma Kat ;) I, too am off to bed.
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Morning everyone, lots of interesting posting going on the past couple of days! I've been a bit rubbish with my spending so need to pull it back in, I didnt really need that Yankee Candle in Clintons, just because it had 25% off, but it smelt soooooooo nice!!

I did two hours overtime on Monday night, and half an hour last night (not by choice mind you, I had so much to do and am off on annual leave today and tomorrow), I was so angry, none of my colleagues offered to help me and when they all waltzed off at 5pm I actually cried at my desk!!! How bad is that! I got myself sausage & chips on the way home in an attempt to cheer myself up by comfort eating.

I am off to Croydon today and will stay there overnight wtih DS giving DH a break to do the decorating, drink beer, eat kebabs and watch footie in peace! Tomorrow is DS first nativity play so we will come home tomorrow morning to get ready for that ! Tissues at the ready!!

The christmas tree has nearly had it, its been destroyed by my kitten, the decorations/baubles are moving higher and higher up the tree so they are all crammed at the top, 3 to a branch out of reach but he still manages to get some off, plus he enjoys chewing the branches too! The tree is over 12 years old, it was doing so well!

Hope everyone has a productive couple of days, i'll be back to catch up in a couple of days!

PS SIL/BIL's ebay auctions are doing amazing, nearly £130 just on the first batch of 9 items! They end in 8 hours and are sure to go up even more as there are so many watchers, i'm really pleased to have made that much for them, they will be so chuffed!
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • Oooh just read on another thread that O2 priority moments are offering their customers £25 off a £75 spend with Ocado, you can get the code from their website (obviously have to be an O2 customer, put in your phone number), I couldnt see anywhere it was for new customers only though so I might give it a go! A good saving if you have a big shop to do, or you could stop up on dry food, household items?

Sorry... I shouldnt be encouraging others to spend! :-)
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • Morning Kittens....

I got snow this morning! Albeit it was light so took the bike out. Made it to the next village, by which time it was so bad I could barely see, was at 22mh and the back wheel locked. Managed to turn in someone's drive and get home before coming off just outside my house in front of the milkman....did he help me pick up my 200kg bike. Like hell he did...he backed out with his stupid van and left me..

Local paper boy helped me lift/drag it to the side of the road, managed to pick it up and its covered now with my super duper bike cover.... Lesson Learned. Bike will stay away until after I get home from Ireland..

Indicator smushed, brake lever snapped off - more expense. Will have to wait until January...petrol money should cover use of trains..

More later ... gotta get my butt to work still.

Onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    O no Kat!

Take good care of yourself!
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Glad you weren't injured KAT, probably wiser to use public transport whilst the weather is so frightful.

I won a £5 gift voucher yesterday, I do a tv survey daily and there's a draw each month, so chose £5 Next to go with the £30 Next vouchers I got from Consumer Pulse surveys -should buy me a new outfit (or at least a couple of new tops) for the festive period.

Off to the cinema tonight for our annual Christmas film trip. Bought a gift card ages ago (knowing we'd be feeling the pinch a bit this month) and it's Orange Wed too - it will feel like a free night out as it's all been paid for :)
  • Hello all, ah no ninja glad you are ok. Yes wise to use other modes of transport till your return from ireland. We have no snow here atm. Well done his missus on the voucher win. I hope you enjoy the cinema, what are you going to watch xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Good grief Kat. Glad you are okay but I bet you could cry about the bike. So horrible. I dropped my friends bike once (luckily onto a grass bank) and I couldn't even BEGIN to pick it up. What a horrible milkman and lovely paperboy.

Get that train ticket sorted so that you are not even tempted to take the bike out.

NSD by default for me today. 2 friends both cancelled coffee dates & weigh in for baby is cancelled too so yours truly has a lovely home made coffee, my accounting spreadsheets & beans on toast :)

Think I wrote in the DDD thread so will reiterate. Mum had a huge bit of good news yesterday & won £300 tesco clothing vouchers in a competition!! Lovely as she is; she has given me one of the 4 £75 vouchers to kit myself out for work :) saved!!! <3

Annie fantastic news on how much you earned on eBay for your in laws. Fabulous :D:D
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Ah that's super for your mum and so nice that she has given you £75 :-) happy shopping :-). Yay on the nsd, I have the joys of a training day yipeee x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure