Santander Swift code

What is Santander UK PLCs swift code? I'm at the Bradford Branch. I called them and got one but the Bank of America system does not recognise it.

Comments

• Azrael_1701
    Azrael_1701 Posts: 450 Forumite
    100% G33K
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2011 at 1:23PM
    Thanks.

Hmm...Ok my IBAN looks a bit off GB69ABBY(Sortcode)(account number) Since when did you have your sort code in an IBAN?

Edit: It still wouldn't accept that but it used an UK Sort code instead. But does the IBAN seem right?
  • Azrael_1701
    Azrael_1701 Posts: 450 Forumite
    Hmm...Ok my IBAN looks a bit off GB69ABBY(Sortcode)(account number) Since when did you have your sort code in an IBAN?

You always have your sortcode and account number in an IBAN:

GBkk BBBB SSSS SSCC CCCC CC

GB = Country code
    kk = Any two numbers (69 in your case)
    B = BIC bank code (ABBY)
    S = Sort Code
    C = Account No

So if your sortcode was 111111 and account number was 22222222 (for example), your IBAN would be:

GB69 ABBY 1111 1122 2222 22
    100% G33K
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • pcyam
    pcyam Posts: 651 Forumite
    its also printed on your monthly bank statements. I believe its printed just below the sort code and account no.
  • reclusive46
    Ok. It accepted the IBAN and it wouldn't accept the SWIFT no matter what. It is ABBYGB2L Right? Its using the UK sort code instead. *UKSORT 09-02-04. Should that be alright?
  • IrishGypsy
    IrishGypsy Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok. It accepted the IBAN and it wouldn't accept the SWIFT no matter what. It is ABBYGB2L Right? Its using the UK sort code instead. *UKSORT 09-02-04. Should that be alright?
    The IBAN depends on your Sort Code (I've checked this with our internal IBAN generator tool). PM me your Sort code (and account number if you feel comfortable enough) and I'll use the tool to create the correct IBAN for you (and I'll PM you it back).
  • reclusive46
    edited 4 August 2011 at 4:22PM
    Thanks for your response. Will the UK Sort be ok? Also I don't suppose you know if a payment from the Bank of America will have a fee taken out of it or is Santander a corresponding bank with Bank of America?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, it is. I just checked it today ,,,
    It is below Account Name. They call it BIC (Bank Identifier Code)
    pcyam wrote: »
    its also printed on your monthly bank statements. I believe its printed just below the sort code and account no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure