Next Directory PPI

2»

Comments

• Hi,

I am just wondering if any of those who have submitted have had success with Next yet? I am at the very beginning of my claim but, as with others, I have been a Next customer for years & PPI was automatically applied to my account, without me being asked.

I also don't know where I send my claim form too? Is there a specific address at Next directory for PPI claimants?

On the positive, I received a letter In November from Northern Rock, telling me I was entitled to a refund. This was totally out of the blue as I hadn't even begun to look into the PPI issue at that stage. I filled in a very brief form & that was it. Last week I received a letter telling me I'm entitled to a full refund, plus 8% interest - £2500!

If only all banks & credit companies were as efficient!
    Best wishes,
    Charley
  • Hi, I too have been a next customer for numerous years. Can you let me know what claim form you filled in?

would also be interested in finding out if anyone has been successful with regards to claiming form Next?
  • Hi, new to the forums, I have just put a claim into Next, as just discovered that I have been paying PPI to them for years. Has anyone had any success with them??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    This thread is ancient. Start a new thread if you have genuine queries.
  • I am about to issue legal proceedings against NEXT. I have recently discovered that I have had PPI for 22 years as it was an "opt-out" addition to my account. The Limitation Act allows a period of 6 years from your date of knowledge. As I access my account on-line and pay each month, it is NOT clear that PPI is included on my statement. As I never requested it, I have never closely investigated whwether it exists. Also, there is extensive case law stating that acceptance of an offer (e.g. for PPI) cannot be silent! So, as I never accepted the PPI, they have no right to charge me for it. I have given them until the end of the week or I will issue legal proceedings. My advice is that everyone else does the same!
  • Bretheren
    Bretheren Posts: 58 Forumite
    I will this has been frustrating me for some years. Is there a template letter and I will get mine out soon as. I got nowhere with the FOS with this I estimate I was paying PPI for 20 years
  • My wife has explored every avenue in an attempt to resolve the issue of P.P.I. payments taken by Next over the last twenty years without her knowledge. She has arrived at the same place as hundreds and thousands of you other have, a dead end!
    So why not use the words of Ministers who when speaking to the media state "It may be right but it is Immoral" Our PM has used these words, Margaret Hodge this week has spoken about doing the right thing.
    Use these words to bombard our PM our champion could be Vince Cable, write to the Chancellor,forgotten his name! Or Mr Clegg?

Chase after everybody else in power, who has dealings with Lord Wolfson C.E. of Next and advisor to the Conservative party. Ask them to tell his Lordship "Yes it is the law but No it is immoral, it is unjust and unfair. If enough people say it enough times then enough could be enough. Do not give in, write to all your MPs about Lord Wolfson and the stance his company has taken.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Alan_E wrote: »
    My wife has explored every avenue in an attempt to resolve the issue of P.P.I. payments taken by Next over the last twenty years without her knowledge. She has arrived at the same place as hundreds and thousands of you other have, a dead end!
    So why not use the words of Ministers who when speaking to the media state "It may be right but it is Immoral" Our PM has used these words, Margaret Hodge this week has spoken about doing the right thing.
    Use these words to bombard our PM our champion could be Vince Cable, write to the Chancellor,forgotten his name! Or Mr Clegg?

Chase after everybody else in power, who has dealings with Lord Wolfson C.E. of Next and advisor to the Conservative party. Ask them to tell his Lordship "Yes it is the law but No it is immoral, it is unjust and unfair. If enough people say it enough times then enough could be enough. Do not give in, write to all your MPs about Lord Wolfson and the stance his company has taken.

Problem with all that is that there is nothing wrong with having PPI. There are plenty of people who have it and need it and people are still buying it by choice every day (mainly on mortgages to be fair where it is deemed to be a valuable insurance still).

So, if you have PPI but no evidence of any wrong doing then it is not reason to get a refund.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi, back in 2009 I ordered some clothes online, from Next. When they sent them they sent them to my previous address (I forgot to change it). I got in touch with them and gave them my real address and they resent them to me - but to my old address again. Luckily i managed to get them from my old address as the tenants gave them ti me when i went down. The total spend was £260 ish. I got these for my son however most didn't fit him properly so i asked to return them. 3 times i requested a collection and 3 times no one came. I was 18 at the time and on income support as i was a lone parent. I tried to send back about £100 of the clothes but no one bothered to collect them. In the end they was demanding all £160 back and and it was passed on (i think) and i offered a settlement of £100. Could i have been charged for PPI? And what about the catalogue charges? i never asked for a catalogue as i could look online but got charged for it anyway. I've never bought from next since - and the worst thing is on my credit report its ruined it saying i owe £60 - when they agreed on £100?

What could I do? Did i get charged PPI?
    June Grocery Challange £141.00/£240[/SIZE]
    VSP Challenge £46.61[/SIZE]
    SPC £11.61[/SIZE]
    In approx £1800 debt! Want to be debt free for March 2014[/SIZE]
    Reclaiming what I'm owed - Halifax, Yorkshire Bank & Argos[/SIZE]
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Send them a SAR and £10 to find out. See the front page sticky.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure