Cosmetic Research- test free toiletries, cosmetics and skincare (merged)

Anyone interested in being a volunteer to test cosmetics?

Products are already tested as being safe, they just want to know whether they work or not!

They send stuff to you at home to test for them free of charge.
:idea:I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about:idea:

Comments

• beckie
    beckie Posts: 419 Forumite
    These are good, i've had lots of stuff to test, but you have to be really quick to reply to their email invitations, as they go so fast. ;)
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've never had luck with them yet, but I know that a lot of people on here are registered and get to try loads of goodies.

I think my problem is that I put I had sensitive skin which probably limits the types of products that I'd be sent to try.

The wider the choice of options you tick, the more chance you've got of being selected for the trials. :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have registered with them twice over the last 2 years, but have rarely been offered anything. When i have, the invitations had all been full up. I dont bother now, i just delete the emails if i get any.
  • trace-j
    trace-j Posts: 783 Forumite
    Apparently if you are over 30 and have problem skin you get more invites.:confused:
    :idea:I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about:idea:
  • suzie_wong
    suzie_wong Posts: 387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I joined about a month ago ,and just completed my first trial yesterday (a bathroom cleaner spray.) You do have to be quick to respond to e-mails, but it's fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what else I get to trial. :j
    Save £12k in 2021: Jan £1834.40, Feb £1692.81
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've been a member since the beginning and I've only had one trial. I don't even get email invites any more :(
  • Frogling
    Frogling Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've had loads of products from them to test, including lip plumper, cotton wall, bathroom cleaner, face cream, lipstick and mascara. My toddlers have also had toothpaste and bubble bath to test!
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Whew, it takes ages to complete your profile for this one! :eek: And yeah, like I'm going to give them my Tesco Clubcard number etc... :rolleyes:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    trace-j wrote:
    Apparently if you are over 30 and have problem skin you get more invites.:confused:
    I am over 40 and still get the odd breakout so i should be getting them by the bucketful then. :rolleyes:

Thing is, i registered all my family too and still didnt get to test anything.:mad:
  • misty
    misty Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    I've only had one thing to test well 2 as part of the same test. 2 toners- use 1 for one week and then the other for a week and say which is best no e-mails since. I was hoping for lots of mascaras and lipsticks etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure