Wireless problem (Dell Inspiron 1545)

2»

Comments

• I had the exact same problem as the OP. I spent hours trying to fix it including all suggestions on this thread and none worked. I have a Linksys 320n routher. On the back there is a small hole with "Reset" printed above it. Inside the hole is a small button. I pressed it with the tip of a pin and the problem immediately fixed itself.

Hope this helps someone.

Mike
  • mallard
    mallard Posts: 265
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the information about the F2 switch. Got my daughter an inspiron for xmas and the wireless stopped working - usually i am okay with pc problems but this one foxed me yet the answer is so simple!! But what a daft setting as it is so easy to press the F2 by mistake! Anyway thanks for the info :beer:
  • I had this wireless problem 4m so many days saying wireless capability is turned off.. now its solved and i am very very happy.. :-)
    :T
  • Thanks a lot for your post! Saved me a few hundred in buying a new laptop! I had to repeat the process a few times and tried holding down Fn and then pressing F2, and tried holding F2 while I pressed refresh. Not sure what combination ended up working but it did, so Thanks!
    -J
  • rudafris
    rudafris Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 October 2010 at 2:45AM
    You are correct. Dell Inspirion 1545 wireless enabled just fine by simply pressing the F2 key only.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Rudafris:beer:
  • wireless light is not turning on even when i press fn-f2 key.but i checked in control panel and i have shown the message that "no connection is available" .what shall i do to get connected?please clarify
  • Figment
    Figment Posts: 2,643
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    monisha677 wrote: »
    wireless light is not turning on even when i press fn-f2 key.but i checked in control panel and i have shown the message that "no connection is available" .what shall i do to get connected?please clarify

Press the F2 button on it's own
    How do I add a signature?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family