Thomson Flights - can I add baggage after booking?

Options
Hi, as the title says really. I am looking to book flights for the end of August for 4 of us. We are not going to need 4 bags, but at the moment I am not sure how many will we need. Is it possible to book the flights now, and then at some point before the flight, log in and add bag (s)?

I know that you can do this with Ryanair as I did it last time, but not sure with Thomson.

Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

W.

Comments

• beverleyhills
    Options
    Hi, as the title says really. I am looking to book flights for the end of August for 4 of us. We are not going to need 4 bags, but at the moment I am not sure how many will we need. Is it possible to book the flights now, and then at some point before the flight, log in and add bag (s)?

I know that you can do this with Ryanair as I did it last time, but not sure with Thomson.

Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

W.

My experience was that I had to ring the telephone number given to add hold baggage.
    'You can't change the past, you can only change the future' Gary Boulet.

'Show me the person who never makes a mistake and I'll show you the person who never makes anything'. Anon
  • evilsheep
    evilsheep Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I'm in the process of booking a flight on the Thomson website, and it doesn't seem to mention anything about hold luggage/onboard meals being included in the price, and I've got up to the stage where it's asking me for card details. I know that elsewhere on their website it states that flight-only bookings don't include these things, and they need to be added at time of booking, but will they really ask me to pay extra after inputting card details?

I've flown this particular charter flight earlier this year (same time, same day etc.) but with another company, and didn't notice anyone not being served in-flight meals that time. Is it possible that some Thomson charter flight costs include all of the above?

I get very confused when booking flights ...
  • evilsheep
    evilsheep Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I phoned Thomson today to answer my question and was told that baggage is included in the cost of the ticket, but that in-flight meals aren't. I guess when the meals come around the plane, Thomson passengers will just be left out? There's absolutely no mention of how much the luggage allowance is on my email confirmation though. How hard is it just to add '15kg' to the 'Check-in luggage included in fare' comment eh?

On the plus side, the same flight booked directly with air malta is over £60 more expensive, so all in all, it's a good deal!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure