Application - 3 interesting facts about yourself

hi,

I'm applying for a job at Pets at Home and the application form includes questions such as Tell us 3 interesting facts about yourself .... tell us about your pets .... describe yourself as a pet... why are you suitable and what has attracted you to this role....

I can (kind of) see what they want for the last two but the others I'm baffled ...

Thanks

TD

Comments

• Perhaps its some sort of physometric (?sp) testing?
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • shandypants5
    shandypants5 Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 January 2010 at 12:04PM
    1. my pet is a hooked-nose proboscis monkey

2. if I were to describe myself as a pet I would have to be a giant squid

3.I have long tentacles and a vivid imagination, I am attracted to the role because of the free fish.

Did I pass my physometric test??
    “Careful. We don't want to learn from this.”
  • The first one sounds like icebreaker type stuff - maybe its to ease you into the interview?

Have you got any party tricks? Can you lick your elbow?
  • top_drawer_2
    top_drawer_2 Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    lol no .... I'm trying to think of things which could be beneficial to the job .... I've come up with - I have a qualification in counselling skills ... so far

Describing myself as a dog seems too obvious .... loyal etc I bet everyone says that.

TD
  • jdturk
    jdturk Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    if i had asked that question I would be more looking to see if people have lives outside of work rather than skills.
    Always ask ACAS
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Write in big crayon across it: I WUNT 2 STROK DA RABITZ
  • Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Write in big crayon across it: I WUNT 2 STROK DA RABITZ

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T:T:T:T:T
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 January 2010 at 5:05PM
    ...and if I had to put 3 interesting facts about myself they'd probably never employ me (whadda I mean "probably"...:rotfl:).

But - thats been something thats been a bit of a problem for me throughout my worklife....as they undoubtedly want someone more conventional than me. I've long since come to the conclusion that whenever an employer asks for personal information of that description the appropriate translation for their question is "We are looking for someone who HAS interest/hobbies/etc - but they MUST be conventional ones - and be willing to drop them at a moments notice if the job requires it."......
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Think carefully before choosing hobbies that are likely to result in them paying sick leave for illness or injury (extreme sports), indicate that you have/want children (going to the zoo), you do in isolation or are generally considered really 'sad' (trainspotting).

Alternatively, though unlikely, it might be that they've just lost their company football team's goalie and need a replacement that can double up LOL :D
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    It annoys me how companies are now so fussy on recruiting and asking this type of question on an application form.They can obviously take advantage of the current economic situation.

A few years ago this company would have literally kidnapped people off the street to come and work for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure