Cold weather payments: quickly check if you're entitled

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    DX2 wrote: »
    Hooary finally the powers of be have made this a sticky....I mean it's only been mentioned several times in the other thread :rolleyes:

I thought this was not here earlier lol.:D
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've had two payments triggered but as yet no payments received.

I've had several conversations with various departments (you tend to get pushed from pillar to post and given different numbers) over the last fews days and been given various reasons for the delay.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Fran wrote: »
    I think MSE Archna means this thread as that is the one they will be following.
    You see I'm still not understanding this post, maybe I'm very dense! but what exactly is it that MSE are following? That some of us won't be eligible, that some of us who are eligible aren't actually getting it?
    And how exactly will this help us?
    Will we be seeing MSE Martin sorting this out for us :confused:
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • di3004
    SingleSue wrote: »
    I've had two payments triggered but as yet no payments received.

I've had several conversations with various departments (you tend to get pushed from pillar to post and given different numbers) over the last fews days and been given various reasons for the delay.

Still nothing here either Sue and now its gone up to 4 payments.

Were told on the phone we are eligible, and they are supposed to be getting back to us on this tomorrow as they said they did start making the payouts last week and do not understand why we have not received the first one yet.
    However, I can see it being us getting back to them again, as this is like action replay like last year.

Good luck Sue.;)
  • di3004
    Hi there

think there must be some sort of benefit alongside this as well as one of the reasons you have, for example income based job seekers allowance.;)
  • DX2 wrote: »
    First post tells all.
    Thanks, had re-read and deleted my post and thought i had got away with looking stupid!!!:o
    December 2018: £20,850.24. Now: £18,333.02 Total paid in 2019: £2517.22

Weight loss: 1.5lbs
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    And to you Di, I've had much the same as you...they go off and discuss with someone and then come back and give me a different excuse.

Yesterday it was because CTC initialise it because that is where I have the severe disability element, before that it was because there was a delay and they were catching up, today it was because those who get CTC with the severe disability element tend to be the last hard copy scan come through.

I've also checked and had confirmed that we are eligible for the payments.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • DX2 wrote: »
    Hooary finally the powers of be have made this a sticky....I mean it's only been mentioned several times in the other thread :rolleyes:
    I pm`d the powers that be and they acted immediately,so thanks to them for that.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My husband got his first cold weather payment yesterday - for a period sometime up to 30th December (exactly which period we have no idea). So, I'd say if anyone has discovered a payment has been actioned and hasn't received it after 10 days then contact the DSS (or whatever they are called these days). I wonder if there is any way we can find out the exact period for which a payment has been triggered?
    2020 Wins:
  • finally my area has a trigger .............
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport