CPP claim form

Received my CPP compensation claim form today. Any ideas on what to put or not put in section B. WHY YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR COMPENSATION. I didn't even realise I was paying CPP (since found out I definitely was). Didnt want to make a mistake and jeoperdise my claim. Thanks

Comments

• Just had my letter through too and was wondering the same thing.

It almost sounds like a trick question: "Why do you want to be considered for compensation"?
  • Why either of you seem to think that this may be a trick question is beyond me.

There is nothing wrong with PPI as a product, the issue is whether or not it was mis-sold. It is perfectly reasonable for the companies you are complaining to to expect you to explain why you think it was mis-sold. Just answer the questions as honestly as you can.
  • zz9pa
    zz9pa Posts: 68
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    @safestored4 - This is the CPP card protection scheme - not PPI...
  • jay-1
    jay-1 Posts: 484
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think there is crossed wires here as the OP is asking about Card protection and not PPI.

If you had CPP you were paying for something that was already provided free through your card provider.

More info in this link

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection
  • jay-1
    jay-1 Posts: 484
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    zz9pa wrote: »

You beat me to it!
  • zz9pa wrote: »
    Advice still applies. There is no "trick" question, just answer as honestly as possible.
  • In section B you need to explain why you believe you was mis-sold to be considered as you may have purchased the cover for other benefits of the insurance than the card fraud cover. In my case I definitely mis-sold that I was so eager to get my form filled in when it arrived on Tuesday - happy to be one of the first to receive it.

However advise when filling in this form. It looks a small box so looks easy to fill in but this is what makes it difficult. When you write in that box there is not enough room to explain why you feel you was mis-sold that I quickly ran out of space. I have had a request another form and have been told I'm back in the que for another form and it will be sent after all the others have been sent out.

It makes me wonder if they have done this on purpose as a way out of getting out of paying compensation to some people that are entitled, as if you can't explain your point fully then an important factor could be missed out that could make the difference to getting the compensation.

Also another mistake I made was I realised afterwards you must write in block capital letters only, this only makes your handwriting even bigger! You must also keep within the box as it has to be scanned onto a computer.

The best thing to do, which is what I wished id have done, is copy the form a few times and have a few practice runs to make sure you can fit everything you want to write into this silly little box otherwise like me you will be waiting 3 weeks for another form.

Good Luck with it.
  • jellie
    jellie Posts: 883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It makes me wonder if they have done this on purpose as a way out of getting out of paying compensation to some people that are entitled, as if you can't explain your point fully then an important factor could be missed out that could make the difference to getting the compensation.

Also another mistake I made was I realised afterwards you must write in block capital letters only

Or maybe they expect to pay out to most people and don't want their claims handlers having to sift through loads of waffle, so made the box deliberately small to stop people writing a 2 page essay?

Reading thoroughly through any form before completing and signing it would always be best practice.
  • I'm not sure how 140 words is a 2 page essay? There's the danger of saying too little and not getting any compensation at all with this form. If they really expect to pay out to so many people and do not want to read through the forms then they should operate a tick box option to cover all the points they want covering in order to pay out. EG: was the insurance taken out for x, x, x purposes, any other questions they feel need answered and a small box for any other information that is relevant to the claim. Such as in my case where I renewed 4 months before I received the letter explaining I may be eligible for compensation.

I had no idea about this and should have been informed of the change in terms when I renewed in June 2013. Paid £90 for 3 years cover and cannot get a penny back for the remainder of the term.

In my eyes renewing in 2013 after their terms supposedly changed in 2011 could be seen as accepting their insurance on the old terms as well.

I have been advised by them to explain in this box about this so they are expecting a little more than 1 line saying "I only took this card cover to protect against card fraud." Everyone's situation is very unique.
  • It makes me wonder if they have done this on purpose as a way out of getting out of paying compensation to some people that are entitled
    If you can't fit your reason for mis-sale in the space provided, then simply continue on a separate sheet!

However, if you are actually detailing so much that it doesn't fit, then perhaps consider that what you are writing is not actually required?

The typical mis-sell reasons are actually listed for you over the page. None of them are more than a few sentences long.
    Everyone's situation is very unique.
    Hardly, that's why so many people will get a payout.

Why not post what you want to say on the forum? Others will then tell you whether you could be more succinct and whether you are indeed "waffling"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure