The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Tax credit helpline...avoiding the 0345 number

Comments

• thanks to Georgia's dragon. OFCOM... how come Virgin are charging for an 0345 number? when are you going to do something about their draconian 0845 charges???
  • frames1_uk
    frames1_uk Posts: 710 Forumite
    alexdohe wrote: »
    Try this then +44 1355 359007, It worked fine for me.:rotfl:

Just tried that one, they asked where I was calling from, when I said where, they said the number was only for customers living overseas that were in receipt of tax credits ie armed forces and to call the 0345 number.
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 June 2013 at 3:32PM
    £2.70 for a 30 min call yesterday afternoon to renew. I'm with Virgin (landline) but don't have day time package so cost was not as bad as I feared.
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    sheeps68 wrote: »
    £2.70 for a 30 min call yesterday afternoon to renew. I'm with Virgin but don't have day time package so cost was not as bad as I feared.

Is that a Virgin mobile or landline?

IQ
  • frames1_uk
    10 minutes on hold already, but as far as I can deduce, this 0345 number is included in my mobile minutes package.
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670
    Forumite
    Icequeen99 wrote: »
    Is that a Virgin mobile or landline?

IQ
    Its a Landline
  • frames1_uk
    16 minutes on hold already.... :(
  • sue1976
    sue1976 Posts: 566
    Forumite
    frames1_uk wrote: »
    16 minutes on hold already.... :(

I can't even get through to speak to someone. I've tried 3 times yesterday and went through all the different option numbers to be finally told 'I'm sorry we can't take your call now, please call again later". I dread to think how much it's cost me so far.
  • maira
    maira Posts: 2 Newbie
    sue1976 wrote: »
    I can't even get through to speak to someone. I've tried 3 times yesterday and went through all the different option numbers to be finally told 'I'm sorry we can't take your call now, please call again later". I dread to think how much it's cost me so far.

Same with me! I have tried so many times for the past couple of days and I cannot get to speak to a live person!
  • lizloz_2
    lizloz_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    last year when I filled my tax credit forms in there was a box for how many hours you work. This year if there is any changes at all in your situation beyond reporting earnings you have to phone. I have no idea whether it will cost me money or not but have already sat on phone for 20 minutes without anyone answering and went from calm and collected to raving loony mad because of the repeated stretched out messages for every option on the menu. I am going to write them a letter detailing my changes ( hours worked) and asking them to ring me up if they need other information as I cant get through on the phone. I presume that they have to accept any information I send via post?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure