sold my laptop on ebay now problems

2»

Comments

• Avoriaz
    Avoriaz Posts: 39,110 Forumite
    Interesting. Did you also notice that the winner of the £49.99 laptop also won another auction for another laptop, from another seller, only this morning?
    I didn't search that far but, if that is so, then it is possible that this buyer has bought two laptops, only wants one and is looking to get out of one purchase.

That happened to me once with some speakers. Fortunately my buyer just never paid so I relisted, sold for a similar amount and the first buyer got a NPB for his pains.

If the OP's buyer had any sense he would just sell the unwanted laptop and avoid all the hassle of returning it etc.

But, as we know, honesty, intelligence and common sense are sometimes in short supply on ebay.

Actually, that isn't really true. I have an almost 100% easy and smooth buying and selling experience with only a few problems in over 1,000 transactions. :beer:
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Interesting. Did you also notice that the winner of the £49.99 laptop also won another auction for another laptop, from another seller, only this morning?

Maybe because he isn't happy with the one he already bought?
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    In my experience, they are!

If I thought all buyers were scammers I would give up selling !
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    well, a 256MB stick of RAM should cost pennies if you can even find it, send him one in the post, cheaper than return postage even...
  • Avoriaz wrote: »
    If I have found the correct listing, you appear to have sold it twice, once for £25 + £15 postage and three days later for £49.99.

Or did you have two identical laptops with the same spec and the same problem?

I sold it the first time on a bidding system, and the buyer backed out at the last minute, so I then put it back on ebay on a 3 day listing buy it now and it sold within the day to this buyer
  • Just to let you know the computer is being returned she is wanting a full refund, and I'm having to organise a courier for pick up. So I now wait to see what condition it comes back in, I will keep you posted. Thanks for all your comments I appreciate every single one of them.
  • porto_bello
    porto_bello Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    stars1 wrote: »
    Just to let you know the computer is being returned she is wanting a full refund, and I'm having to organise a courier for pick up. So I now wait to see what condition it comes back in, I will keep you posted. Thanks for all your comments I appreciate every single one of them.

Stars, more experienced eBayers may advise you differently, but I would not organise the courier. The courier will pick up 'a parcel' and if it turns out to be a box of magazines, the buyer will end up with both the money AND the laptop.

I would leave it to the buyer to return the item tracked, at their own risk. You will probably receive bad feedback if you insist on this, but quite honestly, I think you are going to get it anyway - I'm not at all convinced by this buyer's 'issue'.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    ...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx
  • fishpond
    fishpond Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    May I ask why you are arranging a courier?
    I am a LandLord,(under review) so there!:p
  • fishpond wrote: »
    May I ask why you are arranging a courier?

because the cost of sending it through royal mail is considerably more and if I have to pay the return postage I want it as cheap as possible. Maybe not the best move I appreciate, but if it came back through the royal mail I would be looking at around £25 postage and packing
  • fishpond
    fishpond Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry
    It must be the way it was written.
    Always let the buyer return goods to you at their cost.
    If the return is genuine and matches up to what you sent in the1st instance, you can reimburse their postage when you refund the purchase cost of the item.
    At least that is what I do---chances are -you would hear no more.
    Best of luck and hope this helps:)
    I am a LandLord,(under review) so there!:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family