how to spot a fake? calvin klein's

Bought some calvin klein's off Ebay - £7 each. These are upmarket ones that normally retail for £20. They seem OK but the box looks weird (different shades, like a copy) and I can't help but think I have been had.

I know I should have thought about it more before buying them, but I was thinking well they could be surplus stock or something. Is there anyway I can tell if these are fakes or not, or do I call trading standards?

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    £7??

Anyway how much time and efort do you want to put in on this, you don't know if they are fake so they must be fairly reasonable quality, its upto you if you want to chase it up but personlly I think you got a bargain.
  • Calvin Klein What??
  • tylerboyo
    tylerboyo Posts: 212 Forumite
    For £7 what do you expect. Be honest, would you expect a genuine louis vuitton article, for a third of its price? The only difference in fake clothing, is nothing noticeable, maybe a bit of off-stitching. The only thing that gives it away to me is either the price, or reading up on a "how to a spot" fake guide.
  • benedictadams
    benedictadams Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    go4it wrote: »
    Bought some calvin klein's off Ebay - £7 each. These are upmarket ones that normally retail for £20. They seem OK but the box looks weird (different shades, like a copy) and I can't help but think I have been had.

I know I should have thought about it more before buying them, but I was thinking well they could be surplus stock or something. Is there anyway I can tell if these are fakes or not, or do I call trading standards?
    To the people who say its only £7.

A fake is a fake and shouldn't be allowed on Ebay

I'd get Trading Standards involved and if it is a fake product then get a refund through ebay/ paypal
    Debt of £6300 cleared in 5 years, now ZERO
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    To the people who say its only £7.

A fake is a fake and shouldn't be allowed on Ebay

I'd get Trading Standards involved and if it is a fake product then get a refund through ebay/ paypal

The OP doesn't know if it's a fake, they might suspect it is. But until then...
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No offence intended but....

In my opinion the people who think they are getting genuine articles for a tiny fraction of the rrp and then complain should get banned!!

Of course it's fake. But you may get a good lookalike which nobody else can tell apart form the real deal.
  • boam
    boam Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CHR15 wrote: »
    No offence intended but....

In my opinion the people who think they are getting genuine articles for a tiny fraction of the rrp and then complain should get banned!!

Of course it's fake. But you may get a good lookalike which nobody else can tell apart form the real deal.

Why o Why do people think, because something is 1/2 or even a 1/3 of the price of the original RRP are getting fakes, it really annoys me, dont you think people can Original items cheap and sell it for a fraction of the cost. Too many people on here have shallow minds and give sellers that are able to get stuff cheap bad reputation.

:(
  • Ianna
    Ianna Posts: 581 Forumite
    You could think about contacting the seller and saying that you think they need to contact their supplier because you think the goods are fake. Don't accuse them, suggest that they're the victim as well. That way they've got a loophole and you can see what they say.

I only ever buy brand names off small time sellers who are obviously just selling on an impulse purchase or unwanted gift. The place is riddled with fakes, riddled with it. I never buy off a power seller and if the seller has a lot of similar items for sale I don't buy either - why would someone have oodles of brand name gear to flog?

Bad luck mate. We've all been diddled at some point :)
  • The OP still hasn't said what it was he/she purchased. If it cam in a box it suggests it's underwear maybe? If this is the case then at £7 it probably isn't a fake. They sell around this price at TK Maxx / Matalan / in fact any store in the sales.
  • ellybelly89
    ellybelly89 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The OP still hasn't said what it was he/she purchased. If it cam in a box it suggests it's underwear maybe? If this is the case then at £7 it probably isn't a fake. They sell around this price at TK Maxx / Matalan / in fact any store in the sales.

exactly what i was just typing lol.

£7 - £10 is the price in these shops.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family