RYANAIR - Name spelt wrong on booking

Comments

• That doesn't matter! Like i said your passport doesn't have a title on anyway!!!

Ms instead of mr was just example!!
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • peterbaker
    peterbaker Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    Personally I think I'd chance it with this one and I wouldn't sweat over it ... MAN, MANN? What's an 'N' between friends?
  • I made that mistake last year when I booked a flight to Singapore on ebookers. My booking confirmation had me as a Ms rather than the correct Mr! Correcting that little mistake cost me a £35 amendment fee!!
    :eek:
  • i don't know how - like i said passports don't have your title on anyway - you were ripped off there!
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Jamp
    Jamp Posts: 222
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you can check in online I'd be surprised if you were questioned at the gate, but if you have to check in at the desk I think it's a bit risky.
  • peterbaker wrote: »
    Personally I think I'd chance it with this one and I wouldn't sweat over it ... MAN, MANN? quote]
    I'd cross my fingers and chance it as well. Good luck.
  • tkane
    tkane Posts: 333 Forumite
    peterbaker wrote: »
    Personally I think I'd chance it with this one and I wouldn't sweat over it ... MAN, MANN? quote]
    I'd cross my fingers and chance it as well. Good luck.

So would I :money:
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978
    Forumite
    My cousin works for a tour operator and she told me.

In that case she has mis-informed you. There are quite strict rules relating to the spelling of pax names due to the security/immigration climate in which airlines operate today.

However in the OP's case the chances are that you could pass through security checks 99 times out of 100 and it wouldn't be picked up by anyone, but it only takes the one eagle eyed immigration officer/check-in agent/security memeber to notice and it may spoil your day !!! £7 (if no change in flight cost) for peace of mind or.................?? The choice is yours.
  • urm no she hasn't - it happened to us when we went away, her name was 3 letters wrong and we were still allowed on!
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978
    Forumite
    I break the speed limit when I drive occasionally, yet for 20+ years I've had a clean licience !! Lucky/given the benefit of the doubt.............doesn't mean the rules don't exisit though !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure