RYANAIR - Name spelt wrong on booking

I have just booked a ticket for someone to fly on RYANAIR and have just noticed that I spelt their name incorrectly on the booking.
Instead of XXXERMANN I put XXXERMAN (missed one less N off).
Will this booking be OK and accepted when she turns up at the airport tomorrow ordo I need to do anything?:confused:
I was going to ring them but they wanted £1 @ min per call...:mad:

Comments

• reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i went to dubai with mr instead of miss on my ticket and no one batted an eyelid!
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    As it is part of the surname, you need to call them. It should only cost you £7 to change it x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • duckcity
    duckcity Posts: 110 Forumite
    I have just returned from Funchal. Went from Manchester where you obtain your boarding card from an automated machine after scanning your passport My surname was spelt incorrectly.No problem
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    duckcity wrote: »
    I have just returned from Funchal. Went from Manchester where you obtain your boarding card from an automated machine after scanning your passport My surname was spelt incorrectly.No problem

Firstly, you were not flying with Ryanair.

Secondly, had your ticket been checked and found to be incorrect, it is possible that you would have been charged an admin fee much higher than £7, plus the difference in cost between what you paid originally and a new ticket.

It is up to the OP if they wish to take the risk (taking into account that Ryanair tickets on the day of travel are very very expensive).
    Gone ... or have I?
  • You are allowed up to 3 letters that are incorrect.

You could always call them up to check.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    You are allowed up to 3 letters that are incorrect.

Where did you hear that from?
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • My cousin works for a tour operator and she told me.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • I arranged a last minute club 18-30’s holiday for me and 6 of my mates earlier this year through Thomas Cook. They accidentally put Ms instead of Mr on two of the ticket names. I rang them up when I received the tickets to let them know the mistake, however they instantly tried to pass the blame onto me and said I would have to pay a £25 each way admin fee if I was at fault. They record all there phone calls, so luckily when they replayed the phone call they realised it was there mistake. Some of these companies really try it on with these fees though
  • It doesn't matter if tickets say ms instead or mrs etc as passports don't have your title on anyway!!!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    It doesn't matter if tickets say ms instead or mrs etc as passports don't have your title on anyway!!!

But it was Ms instead of Mr, guess he didnt want to go in drag
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport