IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

I have received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye, it says it has photographic evidence of me parking in B and Q car park, it even gives times down to the very second!!

I know I parked there but never saw any signs to say that the maximum time I could park there was 2 hours.

They would like me to pay £50.00 before Friday 17th Feb or it will go up to £80.

Any advice would be most gratefully received!!
You never know how strong you are until you have no other option.

Comments

• squack
    squack Posts: 633 Forumite
    tell them to get stuffed
    squaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkk!!!! :money:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,627
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Read all of these similar threads (you just needed to search for Parking Eye on the forums):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.html?searchid=75991655

Then read the sticky ('please read before posting'!) which tells you about these fake PCNs:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1363571

Then see the Parking Eye letter-chain that you will receive, illustrated here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...71&postcount=1

Then just sit back and ignore the scammers. It doesn't matter even if they had the clearest high-def photo ever of your car and a timer calibrated to Greenwich Mean Time! It's not evidence of anything you need to worry about.

You have not committed any offence and nothing will happen except the registered keeper will be sent the letters shown on the last link. Ignore the lot and they will just stop & give up, they are seeking victims who will be scared and pay.

Don't be a victim of a private parking company scam!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I like the sentiment but its probably easier and eventually quicker to just ignore them. As its only a begging letter that should be easy.
    You will get 4-6 more threatening letters/solicitors letters and debt collectors missives. All safely ignored.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Parking Eye are total muppets. Do not be intimidated by their 'unfailing' technology
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8322783.stm
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Thank you very much guys and gals, I would have just paid it but wondered if I could get round it some way. Here starts the ignoring the letters!!
  • With a wedding coming up, you have better uses for your money than paying scammers.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Parking Eye are a bunch of numpties, even by PPC standards. They are very easy to ignore, I have been doing it for years. Expect another letter from them followed by a couple from an outfit called CCS then they will crawl back into their pond.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I agree, ignore. I had a ticket from them, then one letter from CCS. And that was that. They were rubbish, as scammers go.
  • We got one of these lovely "PCN"'s today from parking eye also. Thanks to all the advice we will also be ignoring it, watch this space for more info.
  • Fellpony_2
    Fellpony_2 Posts: 381 Forumite
    Had my second letter, again offering to reduce the charge to £50 if I paid it within 4 days of the letter being sent out..... hmmmm well I haven't paid it, so will wait for the next one!! hey ho...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure