Parcelnet courier work???

Comments

• WHOAAA!!! Before you all get excited about Parcelnet, please take the trouble to visit this link first .....

www.parcelforum.co.uk

This is THE site for Parcelnet Couriers and you would be well advised to visit the site before even contemplating working for Parcelnet. Believe me, I'm a Parcelnet courier and I KNOW!

webtrekker
  • Ok where do we start.

9 years ago my father set up a sub depot for parcelnet (hermes) signed the contract and the door's opened.no training was ever given and no directive of how it was to be run, thrown in at the deep end.

5 years ago my mother became ill and over this period we had to say goodbye to her on 3 occasions as they thought she would not pull through this was hell to say the least but me and my sister still opened the depot every day and we never shut once even through the heartache.

unfortunately my mother passed away on boxing day just gone and it has been a very very hard time for all the family since, my father was just starting to come round at start rebuilding his life until now.

Today parcelnet (hermes) came to my fathers depot and closed him because they said catalouges had not been delivered and they needed bigger premises, after they had done this they walked out of his depot laughing and joking to which my daughter saw which upset her no end.

we now know they have set up another depot 30 seconds over the road from my fathers unit with another man running it kick in yhe teeth or what,and my father is back in the dark times.ALL THE TIMES WE OPENED UNDER SUCH HEARTACHE

thank you parcelnet for the disgusting way you did this.

PLEASE AVOID THESE LIKE THE PLAUGE.

CAN WE DO ANYTHING AS WE THINK THIS MIGHT B AGE DISCRIMINATION......

DO WE HAVE ANY RIGHTS
  • Hi Joey,
    i worked for parcelnet for 15 years, only ever had 1 pay increase; enjoyed the work, but management were terrrible, asked for a payrise - their attitude was the more you delivered - the more you got !!!! bad attitude or what.... you get NO expenses what so ever, the parcels were getting larger with no extra cost, then you had to "fight" to get the correct amount. Had wicker furniture the once - expected to be paid standard 45p - i returned them to depot, if you couldnt get daily quota of parcels in car - you had to do another journey or carry forward to next day. Glad i left,
  • Parcel for me lost without trace , probably too far for courier to make it worth the journey.

Someone will have a nice free bed of Begonia plants for free
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    oswemid wrote: »
    Parcel for me lost without trace , probably too far for courier to make it worth the journey.

Someone will have a nice free bed of Begonia plants for free

how is this related
  • :money:has anyone a local phone number for Parcel net rather than the Expensive 0844 number
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    From http://www.saynoto0870.com

Hermes Parcelnet 0844 543 700 0113 397 6400 Head Office switchboard.
  • SHIPSHAPE
    SHIPSHAPE Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    I wouldn't recommend sub-contracted courier work to anybody, especially multi-drop work.

I've never worked for such greedy people as the big hitters and they don't care a jot for you.

It is not uncommon for a self employed courier to be paid below the minimum wage most weeks.
  • merlin68
    merlin68 Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    OH works for them. Pay so far been pretty good. Pleasantly surprised infact. Never had any problems with our depot. Generally get an average of 80-100 parcels a day. Although he got 127 the other day.
    Spend about £50 a week in petrol and his out from 8 till 8, 6 days a week. It's hard work, bloomin hard. If you stick at it it does get easier.
  • Kitleo
    Kitleo Posts: 152 Forumite
    I know this is an old threat but I am trying to find the name of a courier company that uses a purple van and has yellow writing for their name which starts with Parcel and underneath says delivering your shopping.

This company deliver lots of packages to another party who lives in my road and they then deliver to the recepient.

Someone said it may be Parcelnet... I am after clarification of the vans and then need their head office address.

I have the registration number of the lorry which hit my car when reversing into our garage area but he just abused me verbally and then got in his lorry and drove off

Can anyone help??? I would be so very grateful
    Official : £2 Saver #067/DFW Nerd Club Member #277/Sealed Pot Challenge #535
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure