Vanquis Balance Transfer - way around it?

Comments

• Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Regarding balance transfers, Halifax tried twice for me and it was a no can't be done. They suggested withdrawing money from the ATM (no charges with the Clarity Card) putting it in my bank account then paying them like that!
  • donnap83
    donnap83 Posts: 540 Forumite
    It was around February/March/April time. I'd got a card with a lower APR so called up to do the transfer. They tried twice but it didn't work. They said it wasn't a problem with them, therefore it was Vanquis blocking the request. Didn't really give it much though, as I don't think i called them to query it. But I got a small loan from my back less than a month later so i didn't dwell on it too much.

Thinking about it now, it kinda p!sses me off. :mad:
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
  • Gen123
    Gen123 Posts: 5 Forumite
    As of last week or the week before vanquis will now allow you now to do a balance transfer. I am just in the process of doing one myself to Barclays.

I did one to my Barclaycard around 2 weekes ago, £1600, absolutely no problem. I'd heard the same from reading on here that it wouldn't go through, maybe Barclaycard are the exception?
  • Atom
    Atom Posts: 295 Forumite
    They probably want to keep the high balances people want to transfer so they keep reeling in the interest - absolute numpties and very greedy.
    The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.
  • New to the site/forum.

Just want to try and clarify on this....I have a Vanquis visa card with £1900 on and yesterday i was accepted with my bank Lloyds for a new credit card with 0% balance transfer....

Once i receive my card will i be able to transfer the Vanquis balance? How can they not accept a balance transfer.....:o

Any help is appreciated
  • My balance transfer when through today from vanquis to barclays the transfer took 5 days in total.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    A closure letter for Vanquis,

" Dear Sir Or Madam,

Please could I request you close my account, dont bother trying to call me trying to get me to stay as it wont work.
    My shredder has eaten your card, to which it is very thank full. My new providers card apr is 18.9%, to which seem
    to be very low compared to yours, also their staff are very polite and not pushy unlike yours.

I would request that no further correspondance is recived, and that all details are removed from your marketing systems including provident.
    Have a very nice day, just hope your company doesnt go like your sister company yes car credit.

p.s your care insurance is ppi but renamed, incase your boss told you diffently
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    chanz4 wrote: »
    A closure letter for Vanquis,

" Dear Sir Or Madam,

Please could I request you close my account, dont bother trying to call me trying to get me to stay as it wont work.
    My shredder has eaten your card, to which it is very thank full. My new providers card apr is 18.9%, to which seem
    to be very low compared to yours, also their staff are very polite and not pushy unlike yours.

I would request that no further correspondance is recived, and that all details are removed from your marketing systems including provident.
    Have a very nice day, just hope your company doesnt go like your sister company yes car credit.

p.s your care insurance is ppi but renamed, incase your boss told you diffently

Why not just ring them and ask them to close it ? I did and all they asked was why, I said " I now have another card" and that was it , no calls , no lettters except one confirming it was closed .
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    its called been funny
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Atom
    Atom Posts: 295 Forumite
    You should include some feces or something - as a parting gift !
    The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure