Sundown adventureland

Has anyone been here before? Any tips on how to save while there and also if there is any money off vouchers anywhere?

http://www.sundownadventureland.co.uk/index.asp

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the pointer Loopy. Never even knew this place existed and it'll be perfect for my 2 monsters.
    The man without a signature.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We go there a lot and its lovely. It's perfect for littlies. If you want to save money I suggest you take a packed lunch. There are a couple of cafes, and theyre not ridiculously expensive. Both of them have little play areas attached, so if you feed the kids first, you can go in an have a nice hot cuppa freshly made. Really once you have paid to go in, everything else is free. There are loads of spots to enjoy a picnic. Nice toilets, with changing facilities and handwashing facilities etc. Car park is free as well and no, I don't get commision for recommending it. It's a nice, safe place that caters for little people and their families. Hubby checked out the construction of the adventure playground facilities etc. and he was impressed. Everything countersunk and nicely smoothed off. Lots of chipped bark around the slides etc. There is only one way in and one way out too, so even if the little people go walkabout, they can't get out onto the car park. I think they do a buy 10, get one in free sort of thing, but we don't go en-masse. Usually just grandma and grandad and our little man!

It's fab!
    :hello: :wave: please play nicely children !
  • babyblooz
    Forgot to say that I am a childcare person, so I look at these places with a 'professional eye'.
  • susieb
    susieb Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks, we are staying a retford next week so may do a trip here. Will it be entertaining enough for a 5 and 9 year old.
    Always on the hunt for a bargain
  • pringy
    pringy Posts: 252 Forumite
    ive been a few times now an i find it all a bit surreal, the santas grotto ride reminds me of the boat in original willy wonka film but the kids love it (5 & 2)! susieb 9 yo might be a bit bored by most of it i think its aimed more at younger children? plenty of adventure parks tho. last time i went was in june an the inndoor play area was really stinky, hope thats been sorted by now!!!
  • loopylass81
    loopylass81 Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Didnt try the indoor part as it was a lovely day... will say one things they had notices all over the place. They got flooded when we all did a couple of months ago and they are still trying to recover from that!!! It was a brillant day and i think we will be going again soon...
  • carolan78
    carolan78 Posts: 993 Forumite
    We went at the beginning of August, 4 adults a 18month old, 9 month old, 2 x3 year olds and a 6 year old. We took a picnic and ate it around the sandy play area. Was a fab day for all and cost us 60 quid for entry and ice creams so wouldn't say it was an expensive day by any means but had far more fun than we may have had at the more expensive parks. The day jus flew by and we had 5 very tired children much to the mums delight lol.
  • lovelar
    lovelar Posts: 13 Forumite
    We absolutely love Sundown...find the entrance fee excellent value for money...we always take a picnic in the summer and apart from a cuppa, need to spend no other money while we are there. There is loads to do and we always try to get their for opening time and we never leave much before it closes, so we truly get our monies worth!
    It is also a fab experience at Christmas and the place is transformed..the entrance fee is the same and the kids can meet Father Christmas and they get a pretty good present too....although the queus for this can be massive and boring...however we discovered last year that you can trade your "ticket to see santa" at a gift shop and just get the present without queuing to see him :T
    There are also a couple of additional food outlets open in winter that you wouldn't even know existed in the summer that sell only Jacket Spuds and are pretty good value!
  • does any one have any idea how id get here form nottingham city using public transport?
  • babyblooz
    If you google it to get the postcode, then google AA route map, you can put the postcodes in and it will give you a free route map, from door to door. We use this a lot when we go anywhere and its never let us down yet! A great freebie service!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure