Older than 10 years PPI- still claim?

Hi Guys

Hope you can help, this has no doubt been asked before but I am having trouble finding the exact answer. I had numerous loans in the late 90's that had various insurance premiums on them. At the time we were urged that for our application to be successful we would need this (I remember as I was so furious at the time) The only info that I have is copies of the credit agreements. Could i still make a claim as it is longer than 10 years.

Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    catclaire wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Hope you can help, this has no doubt been asked before but I am having trouble finding the exact answer. I had numerous loans in the late 90's that had various insurance premiums on them. At the time we were urged that for our application to be successful we would need this (I remember as I was so furious at the time) The only info that I have is copies of the credit agreements. Could i still make a claim as it is longer than 10 years.

Thanks

Hello there & welcome

It is known there have been success from reclaims made from 90's and so, no harm in trying with your reasons.

If its only recently you have found out about the mis selling, then make them aware of that as well, and state if this is the case, that if you were made aware of this earlier then you would have pursued these earlier.

Follow the link below to the reclaiming questionnaire, this replaced the template letter, personally if the loans were with the same companies, I would complete the reclaim questionnaires separately, so they don't get confused, you then send to the ones who set up your accounts, such as their head office or complaints dept if they have one.

Remember to keep copies of everything in case you need to go back to them at some point, like complain to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).

The questionnaire replaced the template letter on this site, but feel free to optionally write to them in your own words if you want to.

If you write to them, the main points to remember is:

Enclose your account number for each account where mis sold the PPI.

Write to ask them to refund you all you have paid of the PPI, plus interest.
    Give your reasons on why you believe you were mis sold.

Ask they get back with a decision by 8 weeks.

Personally I would use signed for/recorded delivery so you can check the status of delivery of your reclaims, via Royal Mail Website - Track and trace.

The questionnaire stage one of reclaiming here.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim

Hope this helps, good luck on your reclaiming.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I agree Di, also it would be best to send copies of the agreements in, as the op has these and the bank cannot come back and say they cannot find this account number, the op has a good weapon with these agreements.
  • di3004
    amersall wrote: »
    I agree Di, also it would be best to send copies of the agreements in, as the op has these and the bank cannot come back and say they cannot find this account number, the op has a good weapon with these agreements.

Yes definately a good idea to send copies amersall, good one,;)
  • Thanks so much for the help guys. I started looking through my info last night and I have discovered that I have the loan numbers for two loans from 1997 and 1998 but i do not have the specific credit agreements. Is it likely that the bank will still have this information on file and can it be requested as its highly likely that we paid PPI on them as we did on everything else, its the Bank of Scotland.
    Thanks again
  • di3004
    Thanks so much for the help guys. I started looking through my info last night and I have discovered that I have the loan numbers for two loans from 1997 and 1998 but i do not have the specific credit agreements. Is it likely that the bank will still have this information on file and can it be requested as its highly likely that we paid PPI on them as we did on everything else, its the Bank of Scotland.
    Thanks again

Hi

And your welcome.

I have made my last 2 reclaims now via lloyds that are late 90's going into early 2000's and with just using the account numbers they have not turned them away, and as they have been with them for a while I think I would have heard something by now if they were not able to deal with them.;)
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Hi

And your welcome.

I have made my last 2 reclaims now via lloyds that are late 90's going into early 2000's and with just using the account numbers they have not turned them away, and as they have been with them for a while I think I would have heard something by now if they were not able to deal with them.;)

Thanks, going to give it a try spent a fortune on missold PPI's and would love to get it back:)

Another question though sorry, does anyone know that when a credit card is taken over by another company are they then responsible for the PPI complaints directly or would i have to submit 2 claims. It was the Bank of Scotland mastercard taken over MBNA.
  • di3004
    Thanks, going to give it a try spent a fortune on missold PPI's and would love to get it back:)

Another question though sorry, does anyone know that when a credit card is taken over by another company are they then responsible for the PPI complaints directly or would i have to submit 2 claims. It was the Bank of Scotland mastercard taken over MBNA.

Hiya

Maybe you should get a few copies done and send to both of them, making them aware you have also sent to the other as well, this way at least you know one of them will be dealing with your case.
    Good luck.;)
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Hi there, send it to mbna and they may deal with it, or they will pass it over to bos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure