Yet more financial faux pas and many other disasterous decisions

Comments

• moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mara_uk7 wrote: »
    Not skeletal ... Willowy, tall and elegant .

Im jealous, Im a weeble.

Weebles are warm in winter ;)
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    moo2moo wrote: »
    Weebles are warm in winter ;)

AND they don't fall down :D
  • moo2moo
    I survived the school playground in a suit. I was asked if I was due in court. I'm not convinced it was a compliment.

Should find out early next week whether the people at HQ decide they prefer me over the other three dozen candidates. Turns out the selection to interview was based on the highest scoring applicants on the on-line test rather than anything else. Now they've met us they bother to read the application forms and go through the interview questions. It's all a bit of a lottery.

Still at least I have the fun of the job centre to look forward to tomorrow.

And in even better news the new oven is finally on order so I should be able to cook stuff in an oven this side of Christmas :j
  • moo2moo
    The results are in. I passed all the assessments and the interview and achieved the standards required to work for the company in question but at the end of it I don't have a job. As a consolation prize I get to fast track should another vacancy arise and providing I e-mail them I don't need to reinterview to be considered. Whoooppeeee.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope something comes along soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • moo2moo
    Fast tracking actually works :)

I have a job and it's even better hours than the one I originally applied for :j

I now have two weeks to do all the stuff I'd planned to do this side of Christmas. Eeeeeek
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry to hear that you got knocked back on the job. It is soooo frustrating isn't it.....

chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news for you :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Wooooo :j the universe clearly had a plan

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moo2moo
    and so after what seems like an eternity, but is in reality only 3 weeks , I finally start my new job today, a job which comes with Doc Marten boots :D. In even better news I no longer have to visit the job centre on a fortnightly basis and plans are well underway for the grand opening of my Etsy shop.

I have rediscovered my uber frugal gene, the house is well on it's way to being decluttered and redecorated and all in all I'm an awful lot happier than I have been in a very long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport