'A new danger for anyone who shares a flat / house' blog discussion

2»

Comments

• Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No, we are a data company so we make a living from providing data services that our customers find helpful. That includes consumers of course. What we're proposing is a new service to help tenants and landlords, which I'm pleased to say is being widely welcomed.

If you change your electoral roll entry to Micky Mouse will you then use this name when you next apply for a credit card? I would think very carefully about doing something like that.

James Jones
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    A_Flock_Of_Sheep Posts: 5,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 4 April 2012 at 10:33AM
    No, we are a data company so we make a living from providing data services that our customers find helpful. That includes consumers of course. What we're proposing is a new service to help tenants and landlords, which I'm pleased to say is being widely welcomed.

If you change your electoral roll entry to Micky Mouse will you then use this name when you next apply for a credit card? I would think very carefully about doing something like that.

James Jones

I don't have or want a credit card. It is far better to save up for what you want than encourage borrowing. Our mortgage was paid of donkeys years ago. I don't want.a mobile phone contract or catalogue book and I am quite happy on prepayment key meter electric.

Our current account has no overdraft and is not reported to any of your systems but rest assured if it ever is we will be closing it.

When I last checked there were three settled accounts on your records and like I say I no longer give your company permission to hold or process any information about me so how do I get you to delete these records and remove me from your systems?
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It doesn't quite work like that. The data sharing agreement was part of your contract with the lenders in question. You cannot restrospectively rescind this.

James Jones
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
  • Well in less than 2 years the entries will be dropping off anyway and between now and then as I don't require credit or the services of your company inflicted on me I will fill your database with rubbish by changing the names on our electoral form.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure