PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Soapnuts

Comments

• Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So do I, I havn't tried mine yet as I still have some washing powder to use.
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    I am abit confused reading the leaflet they put in with them, says the nuts inside are used in the pharmaceutical industry - should we actually have the nuts - mine look like bits of shells?? is that right?

and do we still put fabric softner in?
  • 1sttimer_2
    1sttimer_2 Posts: 728 Forumite
    Got my free sample Friday and did about 6-7 washloads with them! I do live in a soft water area though so that helps them last.

Didn't read the paperwork properly though and didn't think they were good on whites/or stains :o - all sorted out now. Def going to buy some as no conditioner is needed (white vinegar or other) so saving even more.

Haven't tried drying outside yet as weather not very washing friendly so only dried in TD (not very OS I know!) which does help with the softning process.

BTW what environmentally and OS spot/stain removal does anyone use?
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth-unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar." - Jerome K Jerome
  • finc
    finc Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    What do they smell of? I've noticed they sell fragranced oil on the site as well and wasn't sure if this was to disguise the smell or not?
    :smileyhea
  • 1sttimer_2
    1sttimer_2 Posts: 728 Forumite
    finc wrote:
    What do they smell of? I've noticed they sell fragranced oil on the site as well and wasn't sure if this was to disguise the smell or not?

They don't smell of anything - I think they are selling this as an extra if you want a fragranced wash (another way of getting us to buy even more - unecessary stuff :confused: ).
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth-unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar." - Jerome K Jerome
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've asked for a free sample. They sound great but I want to see what they are before I buy any.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I got a free sample and am currently using them for the 3rd time, being in a hard water area I can't believe how soft the washing feels! I was stunned that the washing didn't smell of anything, but I've just been using an old bottle of Geranium essence oil and that works great for a fresh smell, not that you HAVE to have one of course!

AND these won't be clogging up your machine pipes either....AWESOME!

Definitely going to buy some of these after I use up all the other products I have icon11.gif

Oh and also found them here too.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    1sttimer wrote:
    BTW what environmentally and OS spot/stain removal does anyone use?
    Just found this one :confused: Scroll down to Liquid Gall Soap
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    I emailed for a smaple but have had a mail back saying that a sample size of 60g can be bought for £2.50.

Not sure I'll bother now.:eek:
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • If you ask for a sample at www.inasoapnutshell.com they are free
    and normally arrive with in a couple of days! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business