Anyone had any dealings with VITAL BEAUTY

Comments

• mazza21_2
    mazza21_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 June 2010 at 6:48PM
    I have been with vital beauty for a year now and ive had letters telling me ive won large amounts of money. I have not recived
    a penny. I get these letters at least 4 times a week i reply but they just keep sending me more and more. some of the products are good like the make up remover, but the roll-on headache stick does not work. I think all the people that have had letters like this should take vital beauty to court. With all the letters i get there are pictures of two elderly people these are the winners and on every letter i get its the same faces. if anyone has won any money from them please let me know. also if any of you have had the winning letters with the two elderly people that are winners on id love to hear from you. WARNING DONT LET THEM TAKE YOU FOR A MUG. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY IN REPLYING TO THEM. these are the names of the companies that send you winning letters PHYDERMA, VITAL BEAUTY, SWISS HOME SHOPPING. the address is the same for all of these.
  • sceptic2
    sceptic2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    07311022 wrote: »
    I have received something in the post to tell me I have won around £6000 in some kind of prize draw. I've read and reread the letter to check all the small print, but doesn't seem to have a catch. Has anyone had any dealings or won anything like this. I sent the details off, so I've got my fingers crossed.

This is a Scam run by A.M.A. Mail order, based in Belgium.
    The company concerned has been reported to the Office of Fair trading, but are still scamming.
    All correspondence from them should be Binned!!
  • my mother is 80 years old and has been told by this comapny for the last 9 months that she is 'sole prize winner' & amounts gradually increasing the amounts to now £25,000 ...at Easter they asked her to send her photo for publication as she is the 'only prize winner'.... they phoned back a couple of months later to ask when she would be 'at home' in order for them to deliver their cheque.....still nothing ....neither have they responded to any correspondence. How can they prey on the very elderly and not pay out! why ask for a photo and when she is home, if they are not going to deliver the goods???? where can we report these terrible people.

mmaw wrote: »
    My mother recieves this nonsense all the time. She is always falling for it. She has recieved many such notifications telling her she has won £6000, £10,000, and above and to date she has only recieved 2 £1.00 vouchers which are not really cheques but can be used the next time you order something from them. It's a very clever scam and it may even be legal as they word it very cleverly.

They will often send you a document named "Notification of the Allocation of a cheque". Then " It's confirmed! This unique prize winning number is undeniably yours" Then "The value of the first prize is £16,100.00" Then "Congratulations! You are the winner of a verified prize." (but not THE prize) "Reply within 9 days and if you order we'll send your prize cheque to you within 2 weeks."

My mum has even had a couple stating, "...Yes, Mrs RB Maw, thanks to your number 500 260 602 you have really won a cheque for £16,100.00. Yes all this money is definitely yours. Well done!" (She hasn't recieved a thing)

However she persists in replying to them everytime in the hope of a miracle that the people behind these companies might grow a conscience. Fat chance I'm afraid.

There products may well be good but they are extortionately priced and your local Holland and Barratt could sell it to you for a third of the price.

The wording is designed to get you excited and act without looking at the small print. They put catchy phrases near each other like; Confirmed winner of a cheque, 1st prize is a Cheque for £10,000, Winner of a verified prize, You have won! (But usually not in the same sentence and there in lies the deception) They don't tell you that the verified prize is a voucher worth £1.00 redeemable with your next purchase.

If you read the small print, you can of course enter the prize draw without buying their products and you send your entry in a plain white envelope with "Service Without Order" written on it. These envelopes go to a different processing department that looks alot like a bin.

My dear mum is sweet natured and utterly gullible. Don't be sucked in!
    Another such company is "Swiss Home Shopping".
  • robert_gardiner
    robert_gardiner Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 September 2010 at 12:58PM
    Hi My wife has been bombarded with mail saying she has won £23,000
    which I found from your forums is a scam.She has now received a letter from
    THE BRITISH AWARDS COUNCIL along very similar lines.I cannot find
    them on the internet has anybody heard of them ? I am very concerned
    that this is also a scam
    robert gardiner
  • My hubby and I have been clinging to the hope that the £23000 he'd won was for real. Having just 'Googled' Vital Beauty, are hopes are now well and truly dashed. When is our beloved Government going to step in and put a stop to these con merchants? We should've known it was too good to be true, but the dream was nice whilst it lasted. It's a cruel trick to play on people, especially in this economic climate when people are so strapped for cash that they will try anything to get a bit of extra money.
  • Hi All , just recieved confirmation I have won :- wait for it , £40,097.38 , not bad hei, just been to window to see if there are any PIGS FLYING , (NONE ) shame ,

Merry Christmas ALL .
  • I also got quite a few YOU'VE WON letter from Vital beauty for various amounts ranging from £20k to £66+k.
    After 3 months of waiting for the mystery cheque to arrive ( whilst it clearly states that if you order from the catalogue you'll get your cheque in 2 weeks with your order) i have made the mistake of making a few orders hoping and waiting, only to get another letter along with the product, more 2-4 weeks later, with yet another YOU'VE WON, blah blah blah.

What I've won and im sure lots of others have won, is an annoying I TOLD YOU SO, A BIT LESS MONEY TO SPEND, SHAME FOR BEING SOOOOOOOO FOOLISH AND MORE LETTERS TO PUT IN THE RECYCLING BIN!

I GOT FOOLED BY A FOOL SO SHAME ON ME!
    Plus no company charges £4.90 for a second class post.
    :( :mad:
  • hi all, yes u guessed it lol:rotfl:In course of 1 month - i had brite life won £30,000+ verified/certified/ guaranteed lol
    vital beauty-won 2 cheques of £23,000+ verified/certified/guaranteed
    then wait for it :rotfl:
    swiss home shopping -£43,000+ vertified/certified/guaranteed
    WOW I'M RICH !!! I WISH
    To top it all off i have MS and wud love that kind of money to adapt my home for my physical needs. AND WE ALL COULD DO WITH OUT THESE SCAMS DEPRESSING US ALL MORE.
    SOMETHINGS GOT TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS , ONLY THING IS OUR GOVERNMENT CAN'T SORT COUNTRY OUT SO NO CHANCE THEY WILL SORT THIS.:(
  • sargeo
    sargeo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Anybody receiving these mails should contact the consumer protection govenment agency on 08454 040506. They were very interested in my call, set up a case number and will be advising our local trading standards about them, these companies include Vital Beauty, Phyderma and Swiss Home Shopping, all the same company preying on old folk. If everyone does this maybe they will feel pressured enough into actually doing something about it. My 89 year old father has been inundated with this junk and is convinced he is about to receive several cheques, all of which never arrive.
  • I recieved a letter this morning. I have put sticker on unopened letter saying, unwanted mail and put phyderma's address on it. I will post it tomorrow with no stamp. I suggest anyone with this sort of mail to do the same. They are getting no money from me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure