M&S £5 voucher for donation to Oxfam

Forgive me if this is not the right place for this but have spotted the following:

mands.jpg
Bring your unwanted M&S clothes to an Oxfam shop near you, get a £5 (€7) M&S voucher and help to end poverty. Be part of the M&S and Oxfam Clothes exchange

Note: The £5 voucher can only be used for a spend of £35 or over

See oxfam.org.uk for further details

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    I saw this- it could be really good. I know I've got some old M and S stuff somewhere...
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Ah great, I have some old M&S to give away, and also £20 worth of vouchers from my surveys! Will be able to buy £35 worth of stuff for £10 (BARGAIN!). Thank you for this!

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • I did this last week. But beware, the elderly sa opened my bag and asked whats this, these arent m&s. I had to explain that Per Una, Limited, etc, etc are all m&s clothes.:o

The vouchers are for the month ahead too, so in february you will get march vouchers and so on. I think its for a 6 month period.
  • shelberg
    shelberg Posts: 84 Forumite
    Do you think that they would accept shoes or just clothing?
  • twig1_2
    twig1_2 Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    shelberg wrote: »
    Do you think that they would accept shoes or just clothing?
    the leaflet says clothes but not lingerie, underwear, socks or damaged or soiled clothes. Will accept shoes, hanbags,belts hats or scarves. £5 spend is against £35 spend on clothes, home or beauty and lasts for 30 days.
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    The voucher I was given today expires on the 29th February - was told they will expire the end of the month that the goods are brought in - i.e. whether you take something in on the 1st of the month or the 21st, you will have to use your voucher by the end of that month.
  • renegade
    renegade Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    Is there a limit to how many items you take in ie 1 or10?
    You live..You learn.:)
  • renegade
    renegade Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    forget that last question. I have just read on ther web site that you can take 1 item or as many as you like to claim the #5 voucher. I have loads of tee shirts which I pais #5.00 last year I could take one each time and get my voucher- or do you think this is cheating and unethical?
    You live..You learn.:)
  • I work for Oxfam.... The shops do have vouchers for the following month early and we have been told that if customers ask for the following calender month we can give them out..... The minimum donation is one item of 1 m&s clothing, as someone said you can make lots of trips but the vouchers can only be used one per transaction (one per £35), so if you regularly shop there then its a great offer. Plus the constant donations to our shops can be nothing but good!!! :D
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    I have found second hand clothes so expensive at our Oxfam that it would be cheaper to buy new clothes in M & S.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure