Best, Cheapest and energy efficient heater ....

For a conservatory ?

What is it ?

:confused:
Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.

Comments

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Halogen heaters are quite good, you can adjust the heating so they run at 400w, 800w, 1200w etc.

http://www.factory2u.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=142&strPageHistory=cat

You could set it on a timer and if you get an oscillating one it should warm up the conservatory quite quickly on a low heat.

There is this but expensive to install...

http://www.conservatoryinfo.co.uk/conservatory-air-conditioning.html

Make sure you have good blinds on the windows to keep in as much heat as possible.

Someone else might have info on other options.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Thanks for the link to halogen heaters. It actually tells you the running costs on their website which is really useful to know. There have been discussions about halogen heaters on here before but it seemed people were divided on whether the running costs were cheap or not. This has cleared it up for me and I'm gonna buy one now.
  • dazed
    dazed Posts: 881 Forumite
    Smiley_Mum wrote:
    Halogen heaters are quite good, you can adjust the heating so they run at 400w, 800w, 1200w etc.

http://www.factory2u.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=142&strPageHistory=cat

You could set it on a timer and if you get an oscillating one it should warm up the conservatory quite quickly on a low heat.

There is this but expensive to install...

http://www.conservatoryinfo.co.uk/conservatory-air-conditioning.html

Make sure you have good blinds on the windows to keep in as much heat as possible.

Someone else might have info on other options.

Cheers Darlin' :D

Just paid for blinds for rest of house and now need a heater and some for the conservatory. Then its xmas NNNNNNNNNNOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • dazed
    got a halogen heater from focus for 14.99 ! 3 heat settings and it oscilates around. Its only available instore.

Brilliant !
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    If you have a Poundstretchers nearby, not sure whether they are nationwide or just Scotland but they have ones, Connect-It brand I think and they are £11.99 for one with three heat settings. They have small ones with only 400w settings, for £6.95 I think.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Has anyone got a Oil Filled Radiator in their conservatory as that what we were looking to get, or would a Halogen heater be better??
  • dazed
    we had oil filled and now have halogen. cheaper to run imo and warms up much quicker if you have oscillating one.
  • ok thanks for that, just gotta persuade the o/h now that halogen is the way to go!

PS My o/h has also pre-ordered a wii from game too! But now he has decided he wants a 360 instead! Typical!
  • dazed
    focus were doing ones for 9.99 :/
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    The factory shop....£8
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport