Vanquis PPi advice please

2»

Comments

• Hi,

I recently called Aqua (no letter required!) and complained about the mis-selling of PPI to me back in 2005 when I applied for the card.

Within 2 weeks they have sent me a letter apologising and offering me £1148.26! Great result! I've always been a PPI reclaim sceptic but this was easy!

Now my next conquest which I am hoping for some help with:

I have had my Vanquis card since 2005 too. I started with a £250 limit but now this is at £2500 and I still have £100 to use, so not overlimit and shouldn't be anytime soon.

Firstly, I have asked them about ROP which is their version of PPI as I understand it. They have stopped this now and have filed my complaint for resolution within 56 days.
    Has anyone had any joy claiming from Vanquis recently (in the last year or so?)?
    I await their next letter and will update as soon as I get anything.

Secondly, I always keep up with my monthly payments and haven't used the card (I binned it years ago) for a long time, but every month my charges seem higher than the last and I don't understand why I'm not making inroads on the balance. Currently, I am paying around £125 p/m.
    Is there anything I can do about this? Or any info I can request to see why I am paying such amounts monthly and am still no closer to paying the balance off? Or can I ask them to freeze interest, if so, on what grounds?

Any help on the latter would be greatly appreciated :)
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    u_o_me wrote: »
    Secondly, I always keep up with my monthly payments and haven't used the card (I binned it years ago) for a long time, but every month my charges seem higher than the last and I don't understand why I'm not making inroads on the balance. Currently, I am paying around £125 p/m.
    Is there anything I can do about this?

Have you checked your staements to see why? Are you only paying the minimum? If you are, the interest each month will keep pushing the minimum up.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • I too have received a letter back from Vanquis after sending them the template letter, stating they have never sold ppi, is it still possible to claim against the repayment option plan the same as a ppi?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure