Divergence Profit System - Streetwise Marketing

Options
Hi,

I have this sales letter from Streetwise offering the DiVergence Profit System written by Oliver Goehler. It seems ok, has a 90 day refund guarantee.

I've been on Streetwise's website and some guy bigs it up on there. Obviously he probably works for them.

Has anybody purchased this system? It looks a bit suspect, but with a 90 day refund guarantee (no questions asked) it does lean towards being half decent.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• klondyke
    klondyke Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    I've just received guff from Streetwise about this one - did you try it?
  • delta73
    delta73 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    No, not yet. I am tempted tho'. Although about 18 months ago I returned a £50 product back to Streetwise under one of their 'No quibble' guarantees, and only got a £50 credit note.

On the streetwise site people on the forum do speak highly of it.

I was hoping somebody on here has it, or heard of it. I'm sure it has something to do with placing adverts in papers and internet selling info products.

I wait in hope!
  • klondyke
    klondyke Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    I returned a £50 product back to Streetwise under one of their 'No quibble' guarantees, and only got a £50 credit note.

That's enough to put me right off :o

I had the impression it was more of a tips manual for exploiting ebay or the like. Since I've never dared use ebay (coward that I am) thought maybe I should look at a guide for dummies - but not if no quibble means credit note for any of their other rubbish :'(.

I too got the impression that the guy on Streetwise forum was a plant from the company.

Still they do send their get-rich schemes in good quality plain envelopes which are excellent for recycling ;D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can get manuals for selling on ebay for a tenner or less. Look in Amazon.
  • fredi_2
    Options
    I've bought things from Streetwise, but nearly always sent them back. I've always got my money back, though I had to wait several weeks once.

Their copywriting's very good, but the products not so good. One of their great moneymakong ideas was to hire out a bouncy castle on the weekends! Great.

Oliver Goehler makes a good income from buying and selling in online auctions.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/67/67456_oliver_books_a_rare_old_future.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2004232257,00.html

Click on the links for 2 articles about him.

I haven't bought the divergence system, so can't comment about it. I presume it's about using ebay - there are full instructions about using ebay on ebay! Free!
  • System
    Options
    If you want a good guide to eBay.co.uk, being published next week, that only costs £9.99, try
    http://books.global-investor.com/books/19434.htm

Philip
  • System
    Options
    I bought the Divergence Profit System and yes read it and just gives you ideas, nothing that you couldn't find in the dummies guide to selling on ebay book. Just tells you about his niche in selling rare marketing books. Then I the mug I am fell for it again and got a letter saying that he would teach you exactly how to make money with a Family Secrets Package for £300
    Well it just follows on, I'm not saying its complete ripoff cause there are some ideas in there, but not worth the money and not sadly going to earn you much. You need that importnat niche is all it says and still don't know what that is lol. This package however doesn't have a gaurantee so feel abit dissapointed with it, still thats me mug till the day I die.

Streetwise do send you money back on most of their products though, shame they don't for the family secrets pack.
  • System
    Options
    What!? Send off another £300 for more info, sounds like a ripoff. Surely they should give u all the info in the original pack(to make money)!
    Thanks for warning us,S Bower.
  • System
    Options
    Does the Divergence system tell u where to obtain the rare books from (at a cheap price) ?
  • System
    Options
    Just to tell you had been rather hasty in my judgement of the Family Secrets package as actually I didn't really give it a fair go and was quite surprised to how many of what I thought were pie in the sky ideas do actually work, yes the package does show you were to obtain books cheap from various of Olivers sources, he also tell you about other niches and does give you some product niches that has potential and that not many ebayers have caught on to yet.
    So I apologise for looking on this prematurely and jumping to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the money, that the type of person I am , very impatient, the package does take some reading over a few times to take it all in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure