New - log in or register for the forums via Facebook

2»

Comments

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 August 2013 at 12:47AM
    There is a reason I have both a Facebook account and an MSE account. NEVER the twain shall meet. What a ridiculous and stupid crackpot idea for someone to think merging the two will be beneficial.

What's next Twitter, Yahoo and MSN? Has anyone ever wondered why both Twitter and Facebook are separate accounts? Did one of the more intellectuals of the team wonder what being anonymous actually meant on MSE?
    A simple message is posted to your Facebook timeline stating you've started a thread on the MSE Forum accompanied by a link which pulls in additional info.
    Don't even THINK of including me in this bizarre merger.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • Do mse really think people want all their friends and family on facebook know they've just started a thread about their partner cheating on them, or how much debt they're in (for example):eek:
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Think??? No No, they just assume it.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Do people really want this? Were there threads asking for it? I don't remember seeing them. Or have MSE Towers decided to do this off their own back, thinking they are doing us a favour?

I can't think of anything worse than some of my FB friends knowing what I post on here. Those who do know both my identities, respect my privacy - as I respect theirs.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Kabazzzz
    Kabazzzz Posts: 103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have to say that I definitely won't be signing in via my Facebook account. One of the reasons I go on here is for complete anonymity.

I use Facebook to keep in touch with mates and family who are all over the world. Only my close mates know my really personal stuff but I post on here as I can rely on it being impartial and free from bias...
  • Sparhawke
    Sparhawke Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2013 at 6:22AM
    I share the sentiments of a lot here, it is a really bad idea to keep putting everything on Facebook endlessly and link up with them; has anyone noticed now that MSE does a blog post all the comments are on FB and our own threads on the subject are dead?

Why would you want to further the decline?

The idea is to get people posting on these forums and investing their time here, the idea is not to give FB your traffic because I will tell you one thing, they are not your friends and it has happened to many forums since they rose to power; they all lose out.

Anyways, this topic is a year old so it has already happened but I am wondering what new "benefit" we will get from FB that will again suck the life out of these forums.
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure