What's your Woolies going to be?

Comments

• margaretb
    margaretb Posts: 51 Forumite
    In Devon/Cornwall on holiday, both Newquay and Dawlish empty. Was in Truro last Saturday and was opening day for Poundland (Kirk from Corrie was there opening the store)
  • shetitasatic
    shetitasatic Posts: 209 Forumite
    They have recently announced that the rear part of our old Woolies(next to M&S) in Fareham is to be a Next- opening by Christmas and that ' several large high st retailers' are interested in the front section, opposite Wilko and T K Maxx.
    I'm pleased it's going to be Next as it's the main store that's been missing from the shopping centre
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Woolies in West Wickham is going to be a Carpetright and it is right opposite another carpet shop so I cannot understand why as we are not a main town?
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Our town centre is dead without Woolies. It's going to be an Iceland. You can't have a look around Iceland like you can have a browse round Woolies. :( Ours was always busy.
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Just found out that our Clevedon branch is being turned into a "Proper Job" DIY store.

In this town, I give it a year before that closes too.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • dogcat_2
    dogcat_2 Posts: 21,401
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My local Woolies in Exeter is still empty. No plans to turn it into anything at the moment. It just stands there looking sorry for itself....
  • echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    emay wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the poundshop next door to it?

referring to the grimsby store that poundshop is crap-better than the smaller one but nowhere as good as a poundland.i too agree it should be a home bargains as whenever i go over to Hull i stock up big time in there
  • MK woolies is going to be TKmaxx :( They have a big store in Bletchley already so would've been nice for something else to go there...........like Primark!! now that would make me happy :) ho hum
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jackieb wrote: »
    Our town centre is dead without Woolies. It's going to be an Iceland. You can't have a look around Iceland like you can have a browse round Woolies. :( Ours was always busy.

Just like our ghost town.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • anniemf2508
    anniemf2508 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Buckingham is going to be M&Co, it opens next month i think
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts