Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    May I ask, the scans your talking about is it for free off http://www.malwarebytes.org/ ? I have ESET already so is it worth me d/l the other one to try.

I have the toolbar on IE as chrome is my main browser and it slowed it down but will certainly be uninstalling it.
  • dorajar
    dorajar Posts: 900 Forumite
    I just got 12 sb for make and sell handmade crafts
    Make £10 per day in July £45.48/£310
    June £232.66, May £310.36, April £310.19, March £287.32, February £250.18, January £257.24
    Swagbucks in 2015 £65/£150
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Yes, that's the malware scanner I use, the free version of it. It occasionally tells me my computer is unprotected as I don't have the paid version which upgrades automatically, but I ignore that and upgrade it manually (very easy) before each scan.

I also use ccleaner to clear cookies and to scan my registry for changes, at least once a week.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • May I ask, the scans your talking about is it for free off http://www.malwarebytes.org/ ? I have ESET already so is it worth me d/l the other one to try.

I have the toolbar on IE as chrome is my main browser and it slowed it down but will certainly be uninstalling it.

Yes it is the free version. It is worth downloading that one anyway. The free version just allows you to manually do scans so won't interfere with anything else you have.
    I have found Malwarebytes is really good it picks things up that my other paid program doesn't pick up so I just do a scan with Malwarebytes every few days to double check my computer is clean.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • I didn't realize there were issues with the SB toolbar. But I only enable it for that 1 SB and then disable it again because it seriously slows down my browser.
    Swagbucks since 13/08/2013: £70 AGC
  • kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Im not getting the toolbar again it slowed down my laptop. I now have a samsung galaxy tab wahoo but no surveys booooo
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • CathWales
    CathWales Posts: 3,010
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I decided to do a full scan, which took 2 hrs 51 mins and brought out the objects slowl, but I have 38 objects detected. I'm not sure what all of them mean and wether its ok to delete them all. Shouls I post them here and then delete post?
  • linds1
    linds1 Posts: 267
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Great you are up and running again! :j Can you do all the SB stuff, including videos on a tablet?
  • daffydog
    daffydog Posts: 302
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks for the heads up BP1. I regularly scan but will do it more often just in case. I believe someone ages back found the toolbar was loaded with spyware. Can't remember who though and may be in a previous thread.
    I did have problems with the toolbar as I downloaded something else with it which I did not realize at the time. I now have removed the toolbar also to be safe.
  • kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Not sure yet just getting used to it. Theres no surveys to try. Games arent loading but sbtv is working
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business