Travel Insurance Article Discussion

Comments

• BaileyB
    BaileyB Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Im have Noonan Syndrome and finding some wont quote me at all, while others offer £245 for worldwide 1 year cover.

Anyone got any suggestions on companies they have used.

thanks
  • Tashap
    Tashap Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know how long after you have an illness you can stop declaring. I had Breast Cancer in 1998 and no longer have check ups, any offers of advice?

Thanks
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Tashap wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long after you have an illness you can stop declaring. I had Breast Cancer in 1998 and no longer have check ups, any offers of advice?

Thanks

No easy answer to that one, I'm afraid. Pretty well every insurer asks a different set of health questions, and you need to examine the wording of these questions very carefully before deciding whether you need to make a declaration.
  • moneyfail
    moneyfail Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 July 2010 at 8:57AM
    hi all!

i have quite a specific question about policy coverage for worldwide medical accidents.

does international medical cover normally cover dental problems, for instance, say i was mugged in the street and assaulted in the process, losing a tooth, would i be able to claim on insurance to get it covered?

would the cover normally cover dental implants? or just the 'emergency treatment' to stop the pain?

anyone had experience with dental problems abroad?

any input greatly apreciated!!

EDIT: just incase your worried i am talking about drunken streetfighting, rest assured im not!
  • tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    kettle wrote: »
    tonthered My conditions match yours but I have no angina after angioplasty and stent years ago. I have had annual travel insurance from All Clear - directly with them 2 years ago and this year through Diabetes UK web site link (it is still with All Clear) and got an even better price.

Many thanks for that, I have used all clear before but the quote from their website direct seemed dearer than others. I have a very good quote from 'Its easy@ which is from the moneysupermarket site link for Pre existing medical conditions. I also got a really good quote from ClubDirect after finding that within the forums. However, I will try Diabetes UK, never thought of looking on there.

I probably didn't make myself clear enough, in that I suffered Angina for the first time 3 years ago and ended up in hospital with a resulting stent. Had no problems from this since apart from two bouts of cardioversion solved them. I suspect I cannot keep potassium in my body which results in it dropping low and causing AF. Since then I eat plenty of bananas to counteract this issue.

My diabetes was only diagnosed recently, but that seems to be under control now. :T
  • Tashap
    Tashap Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anyone ever upgraded their bank/building society "for a short time" to utilise the "free" travel insurance? Am thinking that may a good way to get cover for my old pre-existing condition?
  • cyberfoxx
    cyberfoxx Posts: 8 Forumite
    I'm going away in september for a long weekend and the flights were just over £50. Does anyone know if I get travel insurance that covers me for 'scheduled airline failure' and the airline does go bust before then, do I have to pay an excess to make claim? ie. with columbus direct the standard excess is £60 per person per claim. Does this apply with SAF? Thanx
  • t0d wrote: »
    Says it in the title. I'm very confused, where can I find Independent Traveller's Insurance for a trip that lasts for 70 days Worldwide exc USA Canada?

I foolishly took out the M&S one without checking that it's only for 45 day trips!

Please help!
    I took out extended cover up to 90 days with L+V for Europe. Would be worth a try for World Wide. They are brilliant if you need to make a claim.
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 July 2010 at 6:44PM
    You mention that the Direct Travel annual europe multitrip is £33, but I just got the exclusive moneysupermarket policy from them, with great cover including baggage, cancellation and cash for £22 :)
    tallgareth wrote: »
    Also, it looks like you can get 14% cashback through quidco for Direct Travel, MSE's best value policy.

I've discovered that for travel insurance, it's better to forget cashback and go to one of the moneysupermarket exclusive deals, they end up being much cheaper than going via cashback to the company's site.
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • samal
    samal Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Problem with Moneysupermarket is that 18+ is not a child for family quote, where as some do allow them to be part of a family as long as they are in full time education.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback