Update! Santander First Home Saver Account: 5% on up to 50k savings (up to 35 only)

Comments

• Its definitely not appeared on my online banking when going into ’add remove or rename an account ’ link. I was hoping it would. Shouldn’t all instant access accounts be accessible via online banking!?
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    To make it available online would require changing their computer systems, which would involve a lot of hammering and welding as key parts of them date from the mid 1880s.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • Lol@gadgetmind.

By the way I just phoned santander online banking and the lady told me that the first home saver is present on my personal online banking. Trouble is, I log on via my business banking and havent used personal banking for ages and don't have the log on details. She said that the first home saver would take upto 48hrs to switch to my online business banking. Will have to wait and see. Will keep you posted.. .......
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    the first home saver is not available online. period.
  • Unless someone can prove they have it online I'll assume everyone else is just lying.
  • Eponym
    Eponym Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ses6jwg wrote: »
    the first home saver is not available online. period.

Given that ses6jwg has been 100% correct about all of these recent changes I have to assume he/she is right about this one. It's unfortunate though!
  • ade1982
    ade1982 Posts: 64 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2012 at 9:47PM
    From a secure chat I sent today
    Thank you for your email.
    I can confirm your account does not have access to the Online banking facility.
    If you would like to discuss a more suitable account, you can find details of the appropriate contact numbers and our opening times by selecting Savings & Investment > Contact Us.
    Alternatively you can view and apply for our latest accounts via our website www.santander.co.uk.
    I hope this information is useful and if you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via Secure Messaging or my colleagues on 0845 9724724, Monday to Saturday 7am to 11pm and Sunday 8am to 10pm.
    Kind Regards,
    Sarah
    Santander Customer Services
    Looking forward to seeing how much this gets screwed up now, as I transferred money into the account (paying better than my e-Saver) and I couldn't do it through the Santander website, so I ended up having to transfer it into my Halifax current account, and then back across to the FHS account in Santander. Then it's a case of getting a statement!
  • ade1982
    ade1982 Posts: 64 Forumite
    The plot grows thicker.

I transferred a fair chunk in today, so I phoned Santander to make sure it went in. I was told on the phone that the rate was 3% if you pay in £100 a month by standing order.

I wish someone there knew what was going on and could give consistent information!
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    ade1982 wrote: »
    The plot grows thicker.

I transferred a fair chunk in today, so I phoned Santander to make sure it went in. I was told on the phone that the rate was 3% if you pay in £100 a month by standing order.

I wish someone there knew what was going on and could give consistent information!

No, the plot doesn't grow thicker at all!

You just happened to speak to someone who doesn't know what's happening with the account.

The letter clearly states that "you no longer need to pay in between £100 and £300 a month by standing order, to receive the full interest rate".

Very few Santander staff actually knew about this account when it was on sale, so I certainly wouldn't expect many to know several years on.
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2012 at 7:16PM
    I opened 1 in 2 1/2 years and it was a branch-only account.

I would not expect a CSA in a call centre to know anything about this account.

Yes yes in an ideal world a member of staff should know all their products but if you asked me what the terms and conditions were on an Abbey Platinum Saver account from the year 2002 then I'd have to tell you I'd call you back after digging around in the system archives for 2 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure