Update! Santander First Home Saver Account: 5% on up to 50k savings (up to 35 only)

Options

Comments

• Nessie23
    Nessie23 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi I have just been to my local Santander branch today, and it appears that the account will only become instant access as of midnight today.

So I'll give it 24 hours and try again.

Out of interest anyone had any different answers from Santander?:cool:
  • Wings_of_Ambition
    Options
    Managed to transfer half my money elsewhere today without being told I had to close the account.
  • MoneyStudent
    Options
    Absolutely gutting that the 5% rate has come to an end. Not entirely sure what I'll do with my money now. Probably leave it in there for the 3% rate.
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 5% was too good to be true, and nice while it lasted, but 3% isn't as big a slap in the face as they could have delivered.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • tjr1234
    tjr1234 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    i transferred it all apart form £1 to my current account then used internet banking to transfer it to my monmouthshire 4% account today. I had to walk through the staff what to do they had no clue. Its defos today that the account changed because the interest rate is now 3%.
  • Eponym
    Eponym Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've used the bulk of it for my ISA allowance and will leave the rest where it is for now. I think I'll keep the standing order running as well.
  • someone
    someone Posts: 823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have rang up and transferred all but £1 to my current account no problem. Whizzed off part to my ISA which is only part funded and the rest to my eSaver paying a bit better than this account.

Kept account open as rates are so bad I might need the 3% when my current esaver bonus finishes.

Do people have any opinions about stocks and shares ISAs? I am tempted to open one and invest about £3000 - £5000 to see how it goes. Rates are tanking so quick and I wont be using this money for 3-5 years at least.
  • antispam246
    Options
    Still not seeing it online (can't add it)
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    asdfg12345 wrote: »
    i asked via secure message and have been told that as it will become an instant access account it will become available to add to your online accounts after mid november

When I asked the same a few weeks ago, the secure message I received said this account wouldn't be appearing online...

Regards
    Sunil
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    it wont be online
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing