Loan Spotter - Spotted my friend :(

Comments

• Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Hi!
    I am Cheyennesmith. I am the new member of this forum. I recently joined this forum.
    I have good plans to save money.

Best way is to click the spam button on your post, we will all be better off.
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi!
    I am Cheyennesmith. I am the new member of this forum. I recently joined this forum.
    I have good plans to save money.

Awesome. Let's hear them then?

:D
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite

Sorry Cheyenne; this is a UK site so lots of the advice here will not apply in the States. There is probably a US site like this, though, if you look for it.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • sharp82
    sharp82 Posts: 2,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    memsarb221 wrote: »
    Applied for a small loan with a guaranteed acceptance with the loan spotter
    No loan- unauthorized payment taken from account reported to OFT Financial Ombudsman bunch of crooks
    They have various alias under the same address
    DON'T TAKE OUT A LOAN AND DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR CARD DETAILS
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Write to them and you'll get a refund
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    There's a one line bit on the bottom of their site saying 'To process your application there may be a fee, which will be no more than £59.99.'

This appears to be the only warning that you'll be charged any money by filling in an application, unless it is more explicit on the signing up page where you enter your bank details. Not going to go through the rigmarole of signing up to check. They do seem to be a shady company though.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • theblagger
    theblagger Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Domain name:
    loanspotter.co.uk

Registrant:
    Loans Direct Uk

Registrant type:
    UK Limited Company, (Company number: 6907433)

Registrant's address:
    53 Fountain Street
    Manchester
    Greater Manchester
    M2 2AN
    United Kingdom

Registrar:
    Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]
    URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 17-Jan-2013
    Expiry date: 17-Jan-2015
    Last updated: 29-Mar-2013

Registration status:
    Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
    ns.123-reg.co.uk
    ns2.123-reg.co.uk

Loans Direct UK Limited was registered on 15 May 2009 with its registered office in Cheshire. The business has a status listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors. It's founding director was Mr Syed Rizvi. Loans Direct UK Limited has no subsidiaries.
    I refer to my byline below ...

Ad hominem
    An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.
  • 53 Fountain Street, Manchester is a city centre accommodation address (which incidentally I used over 40 years ago). Used to be run by a company called Air Call at the time.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • I'm aware I'm late posting to this thread but just got a call from this crowd (Loan Spotter) and they are just unbelievable. I specifically and clearly asked them from the outset if they charged a fee and was told "no we are definitely not a broker and don't charge fees for our service". Unfortunately for the woman on the other end of the phone I was sat in front of my laptop at the time, googled them while we were talking and .... there it is! Obviously I didn't give them my bank or card details but I can see why people might do if they are less cynical than I am.

Yes you can claim the fee back as the previous post highlights but it has to be done in writing and takes up to 30 days! I would suggest if you are desperate enough to use these companies, 30 days is a long time to wait for your £60 to be refunded. In fact it isn't a full refund is it as they skim a fiver off it for their admin costs. I don't know why the FSA allows these types of companies to continue operating. They are so clearly dodgy and I wonder if anyone actually does ever get a loan through them? I've yet to read anything positive about them anyway.
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    they skim a fiver off it for their admin costs

They're allowed to do this under FSA rules.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • Posted this on the other main Loanspotter page, but just so it is seen:

For all those trying to contact LoanSpotter, the address you have is totally incorrect, it seems they are blagging you, as the company operates out of:
    3rd Floor, Seymour Grove, Stretford, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M16 0LN.

Used to work there until I found out what it was they were doing, this is where the calls are made, customer services is located and where the Managing Director Syed is located everyday. So start filing those refunds guys.
    They literally force staff to make the sales, they tell you to "Just keep talking, dont let them make objections, and if they do, lie so you get the sale." They then record the calls and criticise you if you didnt force the sale.
    They will also charge you if you ask them not to after handing over details, which they ALWAYS take before telling you there is a fee. You are openly told to say "At this point there is no fee until you DEFINITELY have a loan secured." So yeah, I got out of there quick, not the kinda guy to be robbing people. =D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure