HELP: Vauxhall Zafira injector seals leaking

Options
2»

Comments

• chachiluz
    chachiluz Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Guys you are brilliant! I feel much better. I was getting really worried as I can't really afford the £1000 they were asking. Thanks so much.
  • Unstoppable_2
    Options
    EGRs aren't really complicated. THey're a thick tube with another smaller tube entering it whose flow rate into the main tube is controlled by a plunger which is either vacuum or electronically operated. The idea is some of the gases from the turbo are sucked back into the engine via the small pipe to reduce emissions.

From your point of view, all you need to know is that it's a hose clip or two, a couple of bolts and either a small vacuum pipe to pull off or an electrical connector to disconnect.

You can clean them out with nothing more than a can of brake cleaner and a rag although if they're really gunked up, it's worth scraping as much of the gunk out as you can with a stick.
    Conor
    Unstoppable.....
  • Adam23177
    Options
    Hi, I have a 2006 1.9cdti 150 Astra and For a while now I've had a lot of smoke out the back when idling and upto about 1500 rpm, only when the car is warm. I got my hands on an opcom and read the Injector quantities, this is what I got
    Cylinder 1 +5.2 mg/stroke, Cylinder 2 -5.1 mg/stroke, Cylinder 1 -5.3 mg/stroke, Cylinder 1 +5.3 mg/stroke
    Any ideas whats going on? Thanks in advance, Adam
  • laurence_p
    Options
    try vxzoc forum and opcom users , i have these websites in my favourites bar but dont know how to post links.
  • Adam23177
    Options
    thanks i'll take a look :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills