Where is the cheapest place to get frontline for cats and drontal wormer ?

Comments

• The best I've found by far is https://www.petdispensary.co.uk. The staff are very helpful and delivery is v quick/goods packaged well etc. The frontline doesn't require a prescription so you don't have to upset your vet but the prices are so much cheaper. I've certainly found this site cheaper than pet remedies/pet medic etc. I got a 6pk of frontline cat from petdispensary for the same price as a 3 pack at my vets with free delivery! Also when you ring you get a person not a crummy answerphone that nobody responds to!
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi everyone,
    I buy frontline for my two dogs and instead of using a full dose on each dog I decided to share one dose between them,they were both free of fleas for 3 months,so it makes it abit cheaper.
  • kathy206
    kathy206 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    Hi everyone I used bestpetpharmacy.co.uk and paid just over 23 quid for 3 drontal tablets and a pack of 6 frontline for my 3 cats. They deliver for free and usually very quickly (next day in my case!!) :D Hope this helps Cheers Kathy
    Nuts oh Hazelnuts:rotfl:
  • Harri2
    Harri2 Posts: 28 Forumite
    I buy from a company called Beestons which trades as https://www.petfleas.co.uk
    I tend to buy enough for my cats and my mums and save a lot copared with what i was paying at the vet
    Harri
  • SoggyMoggy
    SoggyMoggy Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    OMG - my vet charges me £8.23 for 10ml Metacam, it's £3.88 online
    :mad:
  • dougggie
    dougggie Posts: 110 Forumite
    BarmyCow wrote: »
    I use vetuk also - no problems with them at all. I only tend to buy flea drops for my cats though, for my dogs, I mix a teaspoon of garlic powder in with their dinner (I have huge dogs) and this repels fleas enough that they don't need flea drops. You could use real garlic but this can be stinky and is a lot of fuss when garlic powder is so cheap - just adjust accordingly for your pet size (or use garlic capsules).

Here's to a flea free summer !

moo x

ooh, that sounds good - I prefer not to use chemicals on my dog since i found his stomach probs on Metacam were worse than dealing with his arthritis.:eek:
    How often do you give the garlic powder to keep them flea free?
  • Drinda
    Drinda Posts: 265 Forumite
    If anyone has to buy medication for your pets have a look at Petdrugsonline.
    I have a 15 year old Lhasa Apso who has Cushings decease, her Vetoryl tablets cost £1.52 plus vat each and they are only 85p inc Vat from Petdrugsonline and free next day delivery for the same perscription. As my !!!!! has to have one a day thats a big saving.
  • Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    I have to buy Frontline and Drontal for my cats and dog. I've just been on the sites mentioned above and these are the total prices including p&p

bestpetpharmacy = £42.62
    petfleas.co.uk = £38.01
    petdrugsonline = £43.63
    vetuk.co.uk = £35.94
    petdispensary £34.50
    petremedies = £42.90

Apologies if I've made any errors - I added 1x3 Frontline Dog (med), 1x6 Frontline Cat and Drontal tabs (2 x cat, 2 x dog). Hope it's useful.
  • lauraf_2
    lauraf_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

If you are in reciept of council tax benefit or housing benefit you can register your pet with the PDSA.
    Up until recently they didnt do flea/worm treatments but now they do (and neutering too) for a fraction of the price of a private vet.

I think they sell the frontline in individual vials aswell so you dont have to buy a pack of 3.

Also you know your pet will be getting a check and weighed by a qualified vet or vet nurse.

Laura
  • I find Hyperdrug the cheapest for frontline for my cat, and it doesn't require a prescription like some of the other sites do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure