Co-operative membership card

Comments

• middy60
    middy60 Posts: 127 Forumite
    you can use the members card for everything, holidays banking insurance,funeral,groceries,pharmacy and earn points from all
  • middy60
    or even petrol and at bp ones you can get necter and coop points
  • Cheers guys :beer: You've all been very helpful!
    I shall sign up
  • Hi! I got one of the yellow bee cards when our local co-op was renovated back in August. Do they have set times of the year for payouts or vouchers as to date I have received nothing apart from the odd £2 off £20 spend generated at the till.
    'Neither a lender nor a borrower be'
    Now why didn't I take any notice of the
    second part of that quote!!???
  • The_Biff
    The_Biff Posts: 406
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    There is also a Co-op Members Credit Card which also pays a divi.

When people say "the market system is the only way to go.." I say "what about the co-ops? "What about mutual building societies?"

Long live the Co-op.
    Nice to save.
  • hippey
    hippey Posts: 849 Forumite
    The co-ops are all different, some are part of a larger group.

Some are still go it alone groups, like the Lincoln Cooperative.

It's a great system, the only stores that come close are the John Lewis Partnership, which are co-owned by the partners (staff)

I wish more retailers were like this, old fashioned customer service, and prices which reflect reality.
    These are my thoughts and no one else's, so like any public forum advice - check it out before entering into contracts or spending your hard earned cash!

I don't know everything, however I do try to point people in the right direction but at the end of the day you can only ever help yourself!
  • middy60
    they payout twice a year in June and December
  • SandC
    SandC Posts: 3,929
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I joined in August and was told that I wouldn't get a payment in December because I had not been a member for 6 months. They pay out in December and June. It isn't just vouchers, when I signed up I opted to have cash paid direct to my bank account.

I have just bought a fridge freezer from the online store and didn't get any discount but that might have been because it was reduced anyway. I did get full points for it.

The Co-op is my local shop and I am always in there so it's worth it for me. They do have good deals on quite often but I don't tend to get staples such as coffee/tea/tinned goods unless they are on offer.
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    coop is my local shop so use it for bread and milk and things I run out of, also bank with smile so get points from there as well.

You can take the vouchers into the coop food store and they will swap them for cash as well so you dont have to buy something to use them. We save ours up and once a year cash them and pay into childrens savings account. the card we have is the white and orange one with bee (in case not all do this)
  • OH has one - we use Co-Op for contents insurance anyway so we signed up and it works out we get a voucher every now and then for £5. Would spend more in co-op if we had one locally and would probably gt more benefit out of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure