Bath screen seal

We have a folding bath screen, orginally bought from B&Q (?). Is anyone aware of a supplier for the rubber seal with the bath which has become damaged? It has a key hole profile and slides into the screen, someone somewhere must make miles of it everday.

Sim

Comments

• robowen
    robowen Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sim wrote:
    We have a folding bath screen, orginally bought from B&Q (?). Is anyone aware of a supplier for the rubber seal with the bath which has become damaged? It has a key hole profile and slides into the screen, someone somewhere must make miles of it everday.

Sim
    It's gonna be an obvious reply here....sorry !
    B&Q is your 1st port of call.

If they can't fiind you the manufacturers name of their supplied goods...then they want shooting. !

Most of their stuff is from recognised brand names and should be available.

Try to find out the manufacturers name and contact the manufacturer yourself...don't waste your time asking B&Q to sort it. It will be much quicker dealing with the manufacturer yourself.

HTH
    rob :D
    If only everything in life was as reliable...AS ME !!
    robowen 5/6/2005©

''Never take an idiot anywhere with you. You'll always find one when you get there.''
  • Sim_2
    Sim_2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    robowen wrote:
    It's gonna be an obvious reply here....sorry !
    B&Q is your 1st port of call.

If they can't fiind you the manufacturers name of their supplied goods...then they want shooting. !

Most of their stuff is from recognised brand names and should be available.

Try to find out the manufacturers name and contact the manufacturer yourself...don't waste your time asking B&Q to sort it. It will be much quicker dealing with the manufacturer yourself.

HTH
    rob :D

Ever been to a DIY chain on the South coast and got a sensible answer about anything? I was amazed at the difference in both knowledge and attitude when I was up in Stockton the other month. Plus, I am not sure it was even bought there and there is no manufacturer mark.
  • Loobeylou
    Loobeylou Posts: 901 Forumite
    A similar thing happened with our screen door, but quite some time ago. We went back to where we had purchased the door and they gave us the details of the manufacturer of the door, who in turn gave us the manufacturer of the rubber seal. They happened to be located not a great distance from us. We contacted them, ordered the stuff and went to collect a good supply.
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    kleeneze sell a replacement seal for any single, non-folding screens. is yours joined at folds, or can it be cut per length of fold
  • robowen
    robowen Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Why not post up a photo of the shower screen. Someone may recognise it.
    Maybe get a close up of the rubber seal you require :confused:

rob
    If only everything in life was as reliable...AS ME !!
    robowen 5/6/2005©

''Never take an idiot anywhere with you. You'll always find one when you get there.''
  • Mr_Skint_2
    Mr_Skint_2 Posts: 5,183 Forumite
    Sim wrote:

Sim

Go to a double glazing firm where they fix mend or install double glazing and allsorts, when I used to to glazing we kept all manner of seals and gaskets seals and captive gasket seals and they will give you metres for pence.
  • try this website.

www.theshowersealshop.com

it has loads of seals for bath screen or shower enclosures.
    I hope it helps...
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Good afternoon: As the OP started this thread in 2005, I suspect he/she has found a solution:D Are you connected with the referred site?

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • lowbrim
    lowbrim Posts: 489 Forumite
    Would put money on him/her being associated!! Looking at the prices it is cheaper to buy a new screen from Argos.
  • Only trying to help. :D
    p.s.
    Buying a screen from Argos is showering suicide!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure